[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+Others

• anyone experiencing slowness with couchpotatoserver,

i first re-installed couchpotatoserver with the script as that's how i originally did it but this wiped all my settings so i decided to remove using the script and have since installed the plugin version, got it all set up like before but still experiencing it been very slow and movies id expect it to grab like saving private ryan haven't grabbed.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• What do you mean by slow? mine seams fine to me.

As for not grabbing movies, I normally disable all but 1 provider then I manually check if a certain movie is there then I add that movie to CP. If I don't see it in the available list, I check the logs (with debug on) to see if it has ignored it. It most likely a problem with size or quality.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I recently upgraded to 0.5.57 and have been having issues with the plugins. I have the Trifecta (sab/sick/couch) plugged in and configured but i keep getting the following error from sab when passing back to sick "/usr/bin/env: python2: Permission denied". I thought it might be the permissions on my scripts folder but i don't think that's the case...

-rwxrwxrwx 1 sabnzbd users 866 Sep 8 22:08 autoProcessTV.cfg
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 sabnzbd users 4820 Sep 3 21:59 autoProcessTV.py
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 sabnzbd users 972 Sep 3 21:59 hellaToSickBeard.py
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 sabnzbd users 7057 Sep 3 21:59 mediaToSickbeard.py
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 sabnzbd users 1138 Sep 3 21:59 sabToSickBeard.py
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 sabnzbd users 305 Sep 3 21:59 setup.py

I'm not really sure where this is coming from (do the perms need to be changed on /usr/bin/env which is currently set to -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27576 Apr 27 2010 /usr/bin/env). I recently upgraded to 0.5.57 and am running openmediavault-sabnzbd 0.5.4, openmediavault-couchpotato 0.5.7 and openmediavault-sickbeard 0.5.8.

The second problem i'm having is with the web interfaces. None of the 3 (sick/sab/couch) are showing. All I get is a white space in the tab. I checked the element and everything seems to be correct for the frame but nothing is loading. I can click on the button under settings to launch the web interface in a separate tab, and that works, but the frame just doesn't work at all.

Thanks!

Asus P5N-D LGA755 MoBo
    Intel Core 2 Quad 2.7 gHz
    8 GB 877Mhz DDR2 RAM
    IBM 1015 flashed to 9221-8i - IT mode w/o Option Rom
    Running OpenMediaVault 2.2.1
    OS => 1x320 GB HDD Partitioned 50/Remain for local storage & downloads
    Media => 4x3TB HDD's Software RAID 5
    Data => 3x500GB HDD's Software RAID 5

• I don't use the scripts nor have I ever seen the need to. I use the same apps and always setup via the webui this does all the moving and renaming of the files.
    If it was working before the update then I would need to check what was changed, I don't think it would be worth the time and effort as OMV 1.0 is just around the corner.

It might be worth checking the SABnzbd (CP or SB) forums to see if any user there has had a similar issue.

Have a look at this sabnzbd does not show when webgui port omv is changed topic and see if anything is similar with regards to the webui.

• I don't use the scripts nor have I ever seen the need to. I use the same apps and always setup via the webui this does all the moving and renaming of the files.

I may be mistaken, but don't you need to use the 'autoProcessTV.py' or 'sabToSickBeard.py' then?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Like I said I do not use them. In Couchoptato and sickbeard there are options of where files are and where do I want them, I just give it this info and the apps do the rest.

My Setup
    CP/SB/HP sends downloads to SaB, these goto /media/Downloads/complete/{movies/tv/music}
    Each app is configured to look at its corresponding location and post process the files it finds.

This has always worked for me so never needed to resort to using the scripts. I maybe wrong but thought they were more for other downloader (old nzbget, new nzbget has category's so can be set up like SaB)

• This has always worked for me so never needed to resort to using the scripts.

I used the sabtosick.py in the first place - and would think that it is neccessary for sickbeard to postprocess the files correctly. Now I'm using my own script instead for better path handling. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I would say try it without the scripts, this is the "expected" output from just using the setting in the GUI

The last line says it all, why bother with the hassle of extra scripts when the inbuilt post processing works ok.

• Everything in couch seams slow to respond lately I have to stop the focus plugin and start again as it only lets me add a couple of movies then will sit spinning like it's searching till I stop and start it.

Ps ps when I used the script version I could do service CocuhPotatoServer stop then start but doesn't seam to work on the plugin version am I doing somthing wrong or has this changed.

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• The service is now just called couchpotato so you would need to do

Code
    service couchpotato {start/stop}

You could always ask on the couchpotato forums about the speed issue, all I can say is my Dev branch version is working fine.

• The last line says it all, why bother with the hassle of extra scripts when the inbuilt post processing works ok.

I'm not questioning that it works. I just ask myself how Sickbeard (i.e.) notices that the download is finished - and the file is extracted 100%! - without getting note by Sab via the sabtosickbeard script.

Greetings
    David

• It scans the folder every x minutes, I have set mine quite high as most shows are american and I don't normally watch them for a few days. So I do not need them right away.

• It scans the folder every x minutes

Sounds risky as it could scan in the moment a file is still beeing processed/extracted. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Sounds risky as it could scan in the moment a file is still beeing processed/extracted. ;)

Greetings
    David

This is the reason i use the script as all my downloads go into a complete folder, this way i know its processed as soon as it downloads

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• The service is now just called couchpotato so you would need to do

Code
    service couchpotato {start/stop}

You could always ask on the couchpotato forums about the speed issue, all I can say is my Dev branch version is working fine.

ill keep playing i installed the dev branch with the plugin and thats what i was using when i had it installed with the script, just something seams to of happened recently

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• ive filed a bug report to see what i get back only error i get is the following.

09-10 21:01:42 ERROR [hpotato.core.plugins.base] Failed opening url in CouchPotatoApi: https://api.couchpota.to/info/tt2177771/ Traceback (most recent call last):
    ReadTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.couchpota.to', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=30)

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• This is the reason i use the script as all my downloads go into a complete folder, this way i know its processed as soon as it downloads

Same here but each app has it's own download folder, this way a Tv show can not get mistaken for a movie and vice versa. As with all SaB downloads they are first downloaded to the incomplete folder and then moved to the corresponding complete folder when done.

I am not saying this way is better then the scripts, just that this works for me. it is up to the end user to use what ever method works best for them.

• whats sort of load is couchpotato putting on your server. just checked mine and the cpu is running 100% on process's it says user couchpotato on the process python.

is it still using 2.6 as i saw on the net someone saying about slowness that the issue is fixed in 2.7

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• It does not use that much on my end. I do have some issues with sickrage using a lot of CPU but that is a known bug.

I believe that CP should work with 2.6, you could compile 2.7.x and use that instead of the default 2.6 or you could wait for OMV 1.0 (if you plan to upgrade)

• I plan on updating to 1.0 just been said in the anouncement thread that I can perform the update now so might try.

Is 1.0 running python 2.7 now?

i don't get why it's doing this all of a suden I'd expect the hp n40l with 8gb ram should be able to manage with couchpotato

OMV 5 - 64 bit

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!