OpenMedia Vault (Installation)

• I just edited the Quotes. Please re-read it.
    Your /dev/md0 is just the device itself. In this case, your raid array. It is not the Filesystem, which is, if mounted, located under:

Code
    /media/dev-UUID

Under /dev/ you find all your devices. Your Mouse, your Keyboard your network adaptor etc. etc.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• If I add the user I have the following options:

Shell /bin/dash and under Groups I have:
    Groups /adm/audio/avahi/backup

Do I have to change those values or just keep them?

What I still not understand is the fact that under the installation I got a ADMIN account, but how to change this one, or will a new ADMIN user take that role over?

• The user admin is the user just for the webinterface! It can not and should not be used for anything else!
    If you want an "admin" like user for your shares and services you create another one!

Don't mix those users up. They have completly different function and just because you want an "admin" like account doesnt mean that this has to be the admin account, that is designed to be used only for the webinterface. This user has no rights whatsoever on your system, but just the Webinterface.

For the values:
    Shell is what shell the user should get if he logs into the server via ssh. /bin/dash is no real shell, so the login would be forbidden.
    The same goes for groups, you don't to put users into any groups, except maybe the group users...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• The rights you are defining there are just Linux system groups. They are irrelevant for Services like samba, nfs, ftp etc...

Greetings
    David

• This feature creates home folders for each user automatic, if you want to use it. You have to choose an already setup Shared Folder.

Greetings
    David

• Not that i can think off.

Greetings
    David

• Just tried to get SSL running I created the certificate under Certificates and then went to Webadministration Enable SSL port 443, then dropdown searching the certificate. When I confirm by OK i get the following Error Message An error has occured / communication error. I haven't any clue what the problem is.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "openalf"

What I did right now was that I created a shared folder for each of the user I need one, so that might be also ok, or do I get trouble with the authorizations?

You could still do that easily with "home" folders (and no extra work).

Create a share (we'll call it "Home")
    Then create a user.. "john". "John" will automatically have a home folder added to "Home".
    Now, go to your shared folders, add a folder called "John". Then for path, choose "/Home/john".
    Now just go to your network file system (SMB, NFS, whatever)... and create an entry
    for "john".

Anytime someone clicks on "john" someone will be prompted for username/password.

• Zitat von "openalf"

Just tried to get SSL running I created the certificate under Certificates and then went to Webadministration Enable SSL port 443, then dropdown searching the certificate. When I confirm by OK i get the following Error Message An error has occured / communication error. I haven't any clue what the problem is.

No Problem. The Webserver needs to be restarted. Also you should connect via https://youromv-ip/ afterwards. If this works you can chose to force SSL. Remember that you then can only access your omv via https.

Greetings
    David

• How do I write the NFS IP adresses inside a folder IP/24 or IP/255.255.255.0, what when I do have a couple of them e.g music which seperator?
    Well guys just tried to get the NAS mounted on my Ubuntu Laptop, without success.

I did the following steps:

NAS:

Services/NFS
    Enable "activated"
    Number of servers "8"

DNS Service Discovery

Enable "activated"
    Name: %h - NFS

Services/NFS/Shares
    Shared folder "Movie"
    Client:192.168.xx.xx/24 (IP from Laptop)
    Privilige: Read/Write
    Extra options: subtree_check, secure

on my laptop

IP-address NAS:/Movie /mnt/mynas/Movie nfs nouser,atime,auto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 0
    mount -a access denied by server while mounting 192.168.xx.xx:/Storage/Movie

My personal guess is that I use the wrong path to the NAS?

• The IP Adresses for NFS define for what subnet or individual IP they are available. Stardard wise you would do /24.

Greetings
    David

Bilder

• What Operating System is your Laptop running? Linux or Windows?

Greetings
    David

Edit: I guess it should be 192.168.xx.xx:/Movie without your "/Storage"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!