OpenMedia Vault (Installation)

• KM0201, NFS has way less overhead than samba and needs less cpu utilization.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "davidh2k"

KM0201, NFS has way less overhead than samba and needs less cpu utilization.

Greetings
    David

I tested both on my network, and NFS was problematic at best. As for CPU utilization... I've not noticed any significant spikes on my CPU while watching top.

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2108

• If you don't have much CPU power, like a raspberry pi, you will notice.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Code
    nfs://192.168.178.11/export/Serien@9TBRaid5/

Greetings
    David

• I guess so. Thats the nfs share mounted on my raspberry pi, which is located on my OMV.

You can also check this via

Code
    cat /etc/exports

Greetings
    David

• Tested it myself with a virtual machine:

It mounts without any problems.
    The following command shows the exports of your OMV: (use it from you linux laptop!)

Code
    showmount -e youromvip

Greetings
    David

• After using showmount -e IP I got the following result:

root@openmediavault:~# showmount -e 192.168.10.21
    Export list for 192.168.10.21:
    /export 192.168.10.0/24
    /export/Movie 192.168.10.0/24

What I'm wondering, where is Music and Photo?

• Hey openalf,

/etc/fstab

/etc/exports

Hope this helps.

Greetings
    David

• The easiest way would be to attach your external drive to your Laptop and copy the files over network onto your OMV.
    You could also attach your external drive to your OMV but you would have to copy the files via command line unless you do some dirty tricks.

Greetings
    David

• I just tried to copy the files from my external disk to the NAS but when I call the shared folder movie I can't place the files. When I call the properties I see that there are 1,9 TB available but that's it. I can't press paste ?

• But you made your shares writeable?

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

Once you get the read/write thing worked out, and you know you can write to the folder. What filesystem is the drive that the OMV GUI couldn't recognize? I thought those Synology's were Linux based, which means they should be easy to mount in OMV. Not sure how much data we're talking but copying a ton of data over NFS is going to take a LONG time. I've got 100+gigs in my "Movies" folder, and it would probably take days for all that transfer over my wireless network. Wired network would be a little faster, but it would still be slow.

If you can get the mounting issue solved, Copying the data is VERY easy (and doesn't require any real effort on your part)... with rsync

You have your share on the NAS internal drive (we'll call it "Movies")
    Create a share that links to your usb drive movies folder ("USBMovies")
    Create a simple rsync job to copy "USB Movies to "Movies".
    Run the job.

• Yes, you are absolutley right the config. on Synology is also ext4. That's not the big problem, worther for me is the issue that I see the mounted drives but I can't get them writeable. I have no clue where I can find the reason for that inactive drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!