Senors plugin

• Hi all,

This is my current testing release of a sensors plugin,
    it uses the work from the wiki about one-stop-install of sensor graphs for omv but with an added gui for setting which sensors to use.

it's still in testing and so far fanspeed is not implemented i've tested this on a vm and on my working omv-server and not had any issues.

enable is working yet just a place holder.

if you do test it I'm interested in if you can see all of your sensors not including fan sensors.

after testing a dpkg -r openmediavault-sensors should clean you up nicely :)

Thanks
    Matthew

• We should have a testing section in the OMV-Plugins for that things...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I agree but we don't have control over omv-plugins. I do have omv-extras.org registered with a repository running. I can add plugins to that when they are ready. At some point, I guess I need to make a plugin to add the repository to OMV like omv-plugins has.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ryecoaaron: Iam specificaly asking for a "beta/testing" section. So that it would be easier to develop and install new plugins for developers/testers.
    Like a second omv-plugins.org plugin only with beta/testing section...

Greetings
    David

Edit: hosting wouldn't be the problem i guess, i think i could offer some space for it, but only IP based, i think...

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Mcnemesis, it wouldn't be any problem for me to host (static ip and domain name) your plugins. PM me if you are interested.

David, that is what I was thinking too. If I made my own omv-plugins.org plugin (but for omv-extras.org), it would have a functional testing section.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I would love to see that. It would be great if you test plugins, and directly see that they could mess up your system - so testing is advised. After some Days, or weeks maybe, the Author could move the plugin to the stable section.

Edit: And distribute new features via the unstable Plugin section... ^^

Greetings
    David

• If I remember correctly the glass repo replaced all packages from the normal repo, if the glass one was newer, right?
    I think an extra testing plugins section would be better suited for it.
    Escpaccialy with OMV 0.5.

Greetings
    David

• Just tested the new plugin: Works for my temp-sensors, now I'm looking forward to test the new version with fanspeed ;)
    The bash script is from me. If anyone needs more sensors, I can change it. Please post how much sensors and which. HDD-temp sensors are unnecessary, because they prevent the HDD from spindown.

• Ok? Anyways, found a version of lm sensors, (version 3.3.4) that is actually compatible with AMD fusion systems. Problem is that I'm not entire sure how to configure and apply to this application.
    http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Download

Would someone please help me out on this?
    Here is the output of the sensors-detect command

Also, there is no /etc/sensors.conf. Instead it's changed to /etc/sensors3.conf. The readme file does state to not change that, but rather change a config file in /etc/sensors.d/ that does not exist. I'm assuming it needs to be named sensors3.conf. but entirely unsure of that or the format to be used with what data to put in.

• Hi Methew,

many thanks for your work.
    I've tested it on 2 Systems (AMD X2 250 with Gigabyte Board and on an Asrock E350M1 System) everything until installation runs without failure, I get the sensors "APP" and the CPU Temp Section under Systeminfo.
    But then: On both systems I'm not able to choose a sensor. :o
    And the CPU Temp shows nothing :(
    Do I need an nother package installed ?

• @ stereotone:
    [Edit]You need, of course, the package "lm-sensors" installed 8-) [/Edit]

show us the output of "sensors-detect" and "sensors" please.

• don't work on GIGA-BYTE GA-D425TUD.
    Empty drop-down list

omv 0.4.37 fedaykin - 64 bit
    case: CFI-A2059
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-D425TUD
    RAM: 2x 2GB SAMSUNG
    HDD: 2x WD Caviar Green WD30EZRX
    boot ssd: TRANSCEND TS2GSDOM22V

• Empty drop-down list here too.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!