rsnapshot plug-in setup

• I am a new user of OMV 4. I have a few shares on my raid 5 that I wish to backup to a usb drive that is permanently attached to box.
    I have downloaded and installed the rsnapshot plug-in. I have looked for different how-to on this plug-in and can't find a comprehensive one. I did find a site "gentoo linux wiki" that was a start.
    At this point, for lack of instructions, I have mounted my USB drive as ext4 with no directories or shares.
    Some questions:
    1) do I need to setup a instance "Add+" for each share that I have and want backed-up or can I group them together somehow.
    2) do I need to create a folder in the backup drive for every share I want to backup (one on one relationship) or can I use one "backup" folder.
    3) what are the other steps needed to have this purring along with default backup settings.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are making this more complicated than it is. Create a source sharedfolder and a destination sharedfolder. Then select those in a job in the plugin and pick how many hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly backups you want to keep. Done.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks, I found a thread using "/" that seemed to answer my question. Does one still need to create a cron job for this to work or is there a default that is created when the setup is created?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does one still need to create a cron job for this to work or is there a default that is created when the setup is created?

The rsnapshot plugin creates and maintains its own cron jobs.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to tell the plugin to do the job at a specific time?

Not really. The cron.d entry will be overwritten if you change it any time you change something in the plugin. If you change /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsnapshot, it will only be changed back if there is a plugin update.

• Hi all
    it's been some time since the last post here, but I am interested in this plugin so ...
    I am using OMV 5.3.1-1 Usul and I installed rsnapshot using omv-extras.

Had a little tests with this and I am trying to find:
    1. can source folder be a remote one, let say via ssh ? (the way it can be setup in rsync jobs)
    2. how can I set the compression of the files on the target folder ?
    3. in case 2. cannot be set... how can refer to the result directory in the "post-exec command" (eg : 'tar -czf target.tar.gz /path/of/target/dir')

I am trying to use rsnapshot so to create daily backups of a remote directory (ssh access)

thanks in advance

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!