x86 openmediavault?

• Hi all, I know that this is a bit weird question but there is a chance to have a 32bit upgraded installation of openmediavault? I know that it is not officially released but can anyone help me to build it please? I have a bit old hardware but it still working well and if there is a way to avoid to buy another old hardware just to upgrde to 64bit architecture I want to take it in consideration. Thank you! :thumbup:

• ...interesting. I tried just a simple "dist-upgrade" and system told me "the following packages will be removed: openmediavault openmediavault-clamav openmediavault-usbbackup proftpd-mod-vroot". After that I will jump to openmediavault 4.X or I just face a big mess?

• I tried just a simple "dist-upgrade" and system told me "the following packages will be removed: openmediavault openmediavault-clamav openmediavault-usbbackup proftpd-mod-vroot". After that I will jump to openmediavault 4.X or I just face a big mess?

dist-upgrade won't upgrade to OMV 4.x. You need to use omv-release-upgrade.

omv 5.5.0 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried to install Debian 10 (it is impossible to find the version 9!) and I successfully installed OMV 5 on it. I tried first to install OMV 4.x but without success, it is possible to do this or I am just dreaming?

• cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/

LOL, thanks!

But, it is possible to install OMV4.x on Debian10? I tried it, but I have got many errors during installation like "monit is not installed and it is impossible to install (something like that)" and an error, always during install of OMV4, about a missing component of php.

• Ok, I did a successfully install of Debian9 + OMV4.1.x but it taked me a long time because a weird thing happened. When I tried to install Debian withou a GUI the system at first boot hanged because it did not find init and it put me on the init command line. With a minimal installation of Debian with a GUI (uninstalling it after a successfully install and boot) all was fine... Anyone have an explaination about this?
    Anyway, how can I disable all power management through command line? When I am copying some files, at certain moments, the system still works but the disks stop working. Seems like Debian starts some kind of sleep (even monitor goes black). Any suggestions? I start saw this behavior even on Debian8 after an update.
    Big thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!