My OMVNUC Nas

• This is my current build!

Running good for a time now.

Software:

• OMV 4.1.22-1 Arrakis
    • Windows 10 (1809) VM @ VirtualBox plug-in and manual start

• 2GB RAM
      • 2 CPU CORES
      • Bridge Network (to have own IP on the VM from the router via DHCP, easier RDP config with it)

Hardware:

• Bevy NUC (base NUC= NUC5CPYB) (thanks to @TechnoDadLife for the giveaway opportunity!)
    • Updated to latest BIOS from Intel (vPYBSWCEL.86A.0076.2019.0321.1658)
    • 8GB Transcend DDR3L @ 1600Mhz RAM (upgraded from factory 2GB Crucial DDR3L @ 1600Mhz)
    • 1TB Internal Drive Toshiba MQ01ABD1 (root, system)
    • 4TB WD MyBook USB3 External Drive (downloads, media, storage, home folders)
    • 1TB WD My Passport 0820 USB3 External Drive (nothing at this time, experimental drive)
    • 1TB Toshiba Canvio USB3 External Drive (transfer drive, ready-to-remove drive)
    • 2TB Toshiba Canvio USB3 External Drive (macOS backups, VMs, fast temp file moves/organization)

Current docker containers:

• pihole/pihole
    • linuxserver/transmission
    • jaymoulin/jdownloader:0.7.1-amd64 (smaller image than latest)
    • linuxserver/sonarr
    • linuxserver/radarr
    • linuxserver/lidarr
    • linuxserver/tautulli
    • linuxserver/plex
    • linuxserver/beets
    • linuxserver/jackett
    • linuxserver/bazarr
    • oznu/guacamole
    • linuxserver/heimdall
    • linuxserver/resilio
    • linuxserver/duckdns
    • linuxserver/letsencrypt
    • portainer/portainer

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpgezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (1).jpgezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (2).jpgezgif.com-webp-to-jpg (3).jpg

NOW:
    Mac mini Late 2012 / macOS Catalina / Docker Desktop for Mac
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    omv 5.2.1-1 (Usul) - Bevy NUC thanks to TechnoDadLife (NUC5CPYB)
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

Edited 8 times, last by djismgaming ().

• Will have to do one. Haven't seen one around I think. I use Apache Guacamole daily from work and mobile on iOS. That way I access the apps through the proxy @ work.

That including linuxserver/letsencrypt so all apps are SSL able through a bought domain which does not get filtered by work proxy and re-certification policies.

NOW:
    Intel Core i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz - 16GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 20 docker containers via docker-compose ;)
    PREVIOUS:
    Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 2 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - 21 docker containers via docker-compose :)

• ave you written a Guacamole tutorial yet?

I've been using this compose file for a couple of weeks and it works very well - https://github.com/boschkunden…camole-docker-compose.git

omv 5.5.12 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.4.2
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @djsismgaming

I think a guide would be great for the mentally challenged like me, who need to see how things are done step by step!

Yes! I will definitely do it. It is pretty simple to implement. I hope to make it today.

Guacamole's capabilities for remote or local screen and terminal access are really good. It works wonderfully.

I really hope to have the video ready today or tomorrow. Have to get it out.

I estimate really certain that it will be something of q less than 10 minute video. It is simple and the image deployment is short. So less time deploying the container and more enjoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Thanks @TechnoDadLife for the offer. Please let me know how I did and know that any criticism is completely welcome!!!

Video here:

Let me know :D

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• OMG! Thanks for the support! :D

Let's keep this community growing!

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• I've been using this compose file for a couple of weeks and it works very well - https://github.com/boschkunden…camole-docker-compose.git

I think compose files are actually a great way to keep the configuration of containers and quick edits into how any container works/mounts etc.

I did try them with Portainer as Stacks and they are pretty good!

Thanks for the link!

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Just as some info for this build, just took this screenshot of the Bevy using glances.

Windows 10 VM not running at the moment mind you. :D

(using Termius SSH client on iOS)

Files

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Better display using Apache Guacamole (with and without docker containers):

Files

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Maybe a little off-topic but another way to display containers:

ctop

Looks nice! Will try it out and add it to the diagnosis arsenal.

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Looks nice! Will try it out and add it to the diagnosis arsenal.

Really like ctop to specifically look at docker containers behavior. Really good and clean interface!

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

• Hello . I am currently in the middle of learning to create my NAS and I have followed almostall the Technodad videos. Today was your passage in my learning. If I can give you some advice, think of beginners like me or I need to look several times. The zooms are very pleasant and your speech rate is too fast. Perhaps you could do this more slowly, especially since I am not English, but French. Understanding and automatically translating youtube will be better. Thank you for your tutorial. I really appreciate it.

• Hello . I am currently in the middle of learning to create my NAS and I have followed almostall the Technodad videos. Today was your passage in my learning. If I can give you some advice, think of beginners like me or I need to look several times. The zooms are very pleasant and your speech rate is too fast. Perhaps you could do this more slowly, especially since I am not English, but French. Understanding and automatically translating youtube will be better. Thank you for your tutorial. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your kind words!

In the future will definitely make the videos slower and more explained. My excitement for linux/terminal gets the best of me. ;)
    Will work on that for future tutorials/videos.

Also will look into the translation options. THe new YouTube backend is something to be explored. Thanks so much @madameko!

NOW:
    PREVIOUS:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!