Slow download using haugene/transmission-openvpn + NORDVPN

• Hello,

I have a fresly installed haugene/transmission-openvpn using NORDVPN service. Unfortunately I am experiencing very slow download speeds 400-500KB/s on a 300M/20M line.
    I attached my current config.

Thanks,

• Torrent download speed is highly dependent on the torrent. Well seeded torrents can run down very fast. Have you tried grabbing a very popular torrent such as for one of the more popular Linux distributions like Mint or Ubuntu? Do you have any rate limiting set in your configuration?

I don't use Transmission so your config doesn't tell me anything.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

Edited once, last by gderf ().

• Torrent download speed is highly dependent on the torrent. Well seeded torrents can run down very fast. Have you tried grabbing a very popular torrent such as for one of the more popular Linux distributions like Mint or Ubuntu? Do you have any rate limiting set in your configuration?

I don't use Transmission so your config doesn't tell me anything.

I tried xubuntu 32bit torrent image. I got 1.2MB/s maximum for that torrent and other torrents as well instead of a normal 30MB/s (wo VPN tunnel).

• I have the same problem

I tried xubuntu 32bit torrent image. I got 1.2MB/s maximum for that torrent and other torrents as well instead of a normal 30MB/s (wo VPN tunnel).

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

• Without running a VPN or Proxy, if you don't have a port open on your router forwarded to your machine, and don't tell the application to use it for incoming connections, very slow download speed is to be expected.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

Edited once, last by gderf ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!