Linux server/domoticz docker container setup

• not sure if the sticky bit is a problem

try

chmod 774 -R /sharedfolders/AppData/demoticz

Which hardware are you using?

It didn't work.
    I'm running OMV on a RockPro64 with its NAS case.
    A Unify controller in a docker container runs already on port 8080 with no problems so I guess Docker should be working fine on my OMV instance?
    Interestingly, through my Windows PC the folder AppData>Domoticz is NOT accessible while the folder AppData>Unify is.

I will try the docker-compose option.
    Is that configuration going to create a folder itself or should I create a Domoticz folder manually prior to running the script?

Thanks for all your help once again!

UPDATE

just ried the docker-compose option.
    Followed instructions up to docker-compose up -d

but I'm getting the error:
    ERROR: Named volume "sharedfolder/AppData/domoticz:/config:rw" is used in service "domoticz" but no declaration was found in the volumes section.

I did remove the Domoticz folder, recreated it, deleted it, left the image to create it by itself - pretty much tried all options.

I will give the other image you suggested a go as soon as I get home.

Do I have to run its configuration in a one-line-command as you suggested or should I save a docker-compose.yml like the previous example?

Many thanks for all your help. It's been proven precious.
    At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong and the problem i with the image which is getting me nowhere!

Just to update with this: This solution did not work either.
    Fed up with all this BS. Thank you very much for your effort and tendency to help though. It is thoroughly appreciated!

Tried a few other containers with no luck.
    I just posted my issue to linuxserver.io forum. Let's see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat....

• not sure if the sticky bit is a problem

try

chmod 774 -R /sharedfolders/AppData/demoticz

Which hardware are you using?

It didn't work.
    I'm running OMV on a RockPro64 with its NAS case.
    A Unify controller in a docker container runs already on port 8080 with no problems so I guess Docker should be working fine on my OMV instance?
    Interestingly, through my Windows PC the folder AppData>Domoticz is NOT accessible while the folder AppData>Unify is.

I will try the docker-compose option.
    Is that configuration going to create a folder itself or should I create a Domoticz folder manually prior to running the script?

Thanks for all your help once again!

UPDATE

just ried the docker-compose option.
    Followed instructions up to docker-compose up -d

but I'm getting the error:
    ERROR: Named volume "sharedfolder/AppData/domoticz:/config:rw" is used in service "domoticz" but no declaration was found in the volumes section.

I did remove the Domoticz folder, recreated it, deleted it, left the image to create it by itself - pretty much tried all options.

I will give the other image you suggested a go as soon as I get home.

Do I have to run its configuration in a one-line-command as you suggested or should I save a docker-compose.yml like the previous example?

Many thanks for all your help. It's been proven precious.
    At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong and the problem i with the image which is getting me nowhere!

Just to update with this: This solution did not work either.
    Fed up with all this BS. Thank you very much for your effort and tendency to help though. It is thoroughly appreciated!

Tried a few other containers with no luck.
    I just posted my issue to linuxserver.io forum. Let's see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat....

I posted my configurations logs there and waiting for their assistance.

In the meantime, I managed to install a working image which was https://hub.docker.com/r/wbvreeuwijk/domoticz

The problem is that -similarly to the Domoticz plugin- it does not seem to support OpenZWave USB as the my USB stick is not available in the drop-down menu of the hardware settings therefore, it's pretty much useless for my use case

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!