GUI File Manager

• Being more familiar with Windows, I was wondering if there is a GUI file manager that can make file management easier? Preferably it would be a Docker, but could be an apt-get I suppose. It needs to be something that integrates easily into the OMV environment. I'm not familiar with linux and I don't want something that is complicated to install or access when needed. I googled the subject, and there are some that look familiar like Krusader, Dolphin, and XFE, but I'm not sure how well they integrate into the OMV environment. Any recommends with some basic guidance on what I need to do to install it??

Thanks

• Please use the forum search. This question was asked several times before.

Some hits:

There are also some Docker solutions available.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use Midnight Commander. It is a older relative (grandparent? godmother?) to Cloud Commander. mc is text based and accessed over SSH or on a local command line. Midnight Commander in turn is a bastard prodigy child of the venerable original MS-DOS Norton Commander. The result of moving nc to Unix/Linux.

During the early days of MS-DOS domination I had most of the keyboard commands of Norton Commander permanently burnt into my nervous system. And I can still keep using them, and more, in Midnight Commander. I copy and move files without any conscious effort. I think what I want to do, and as I am thinking my hands twitch and move over the keyboard. Done! I know I selected files and pressed some keys. But I didn't have to think about it. It was automatic.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!