[GUIDE] DIY Plugin Development Part 1-3

• Stickied.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• we're going to complete them now. Below is the complete code for the rpc file. Check the comments for more information

• rabi

I don't see any rpc file, did your forget to post it?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• It loads the default variables from that file. It is the equivalent of putting everything in that file in the file calling it.

omv 5.6.6 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• In reality it is this way. The rpc and module names are usually the same for a given service, as you have probably already noticed. Usually the name of the service is used in smamll caps and then .inc at the end.

service name = example

/usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/example.inc

/usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/example.inc

• Nice work on the plugin structure. The MVC implementation was surprisingly easy to learn and understand.

For some reason naming and capitalization conventions kicked my butt. I am stronger in system administration with almost no background in javascript or php. Maybe they are just new to me.

• I am working on a video conversion plugin. ...

I know that this is not the right place for asking questions, but are there any news about this plan? That sounds interesting.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!