Finally i found my perfect NAS

• Hello @ all.
    First of all. Sorry for my english... :oops:
    I want tell you something about my NAS.
    I searched a long time for the right NAS. Before i found it i used three USB-Harddrives attached to my LAN-Router.
    It just works. But it's not really comfortable.
    Two companies had interesting solutions. Qnap and Synology. But these solutions are a little expensive.
    So i found the "HP ProLiant Microserver N54L" three weeks ago. Simultaneously i found the OpenMediaVault project.
    The server just costs round a bout 180€. The OS is for free. :D
    The server comes with 2GB Ram. With an BIOS-Mod i make the SATA-Ports Hot-Swapable and the fifth SATA-Port ready for another Harddrive (Fullspeed).
    I bought a 128GB SSD for the OS and a Western Digital Red 4TB for my data.
    In the next weeks i bought another four 4TB HDD's to make a RAID 5. Then i have 16TB for my data. :D

I love this system and your project. It´s absolutly perfect for me. 8-)

• Don't worry about your english. If you want to learn you have to use it. Glad you found OMV. :mrgreen: You are lucky. I found OMV 1 year before the first iso came out. So it was a long wait. :roll:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Congrats... (and for what it's worth.. I've saw Americans butcher English way way way worse than you could dream of.. :) )

• Zitat von "KM0201"

Congrats... (and for what it's worth.. I've saw Americans butcher English way way way worse than you could dream of.. :) )

"I've saw" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Did you have any trouble with the server and the 4TB drives? Can't seem to get mine to format them. I get communication failure when I try to make a file system.
    I'm using Seagate NAS drives, but that shouldn't really make any difference to the WD Red

[EDIT] Nevermind. It throws errors but works if I just click close to the error and wait a couple minutes. Maybe a format of a 4TB drives just takes to long? Using single drive setup as I don't need raid. Raid only has downsides for my usage.

BeeCube (OMV): Media server on HP N40L, 8GB XMS3, 2x Seagate NAS 4TB, 16GB SSD (SSD died, dropped it on the floor and now in/out-put errors)
    BeeWeb (OMV): Web and mail on HP N54L, 4GB ECC, 4x SV35.5 2TB raid5, 16GB SSD DOM (in build and temp media server)
    BeeWood (SMB): Backup on A6-3500, F1A75-I Deluxe, 8GB Ares, LSI 9240-8i, 8+4bay (mixed drive setup), 120GB SSD (in parts for case mod)
    BeeRoute (pfSense): Router on Intel D2500CC, 4GB SO-DIMM, 16GB SSD DOM

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!