Plugins that are wanted

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I was just looking for plugin ideas and priorities. Having multiple lists doesn't help me with priorities. If something isn't on the list, suggest it :)

Having multiple lists does help, as you mostly listed utilities, and people are asking for frontend stuff ;)
    But if you want something that's not on the list: mailserver. Nothing fancy, just postfix, dovecot, and maybe roundcube/horde for webmail (latter not necessarily integrated, as we already have a roundcube package coming up).

Also categories and/or status based listing would come handy in the UI too. Sometimes I'm tearing my hair out when I want to get rid of a small plugin, and I have to wait minutes for the plugin list to reload. But that's something that should go in another topic.

Oh, if we're at packages and frontend. How about a Maraschino/HTPCManager plugin, maybe CherryMusic too?

• Offizieller Beitrag

We tried to list everything we found people asking for in the forums except for what jhmiller's script installs (all frontend stuff) because jhmiller and I are porting those now (have four just about done - miller is making some nice finishing changes).

I agree 100% with the mailserver plugin but it would not be easy and very time consuming. The Roundcube plugin is done but needs a bit more testing.

Explain more of what you mean by categories/status based listing. I think I know have an idea but want to make sure. I have comtemplated adding a tab to omvextras that quickly lists the omv-extras plugins with an install/remove (with or without purge) option.

As for Maraschino/HTPCManager/CherryMusic, if they are available with miller's script, they will be plugins in the near future.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

We tried to list everything we found people asking for in the forums except for what jhmiller's script installs (all frontend stuff) because jhmiller and I are porting those now (have four just about done - miller is making some nice finishing changes).

Yes, I know, I'm running my own compile of SickBeard and CouchPotato at the moment.

Zitat

I agree 100% with the mailserver plugin but it would not be easy and very time consuming. The Roundcube plugin is done but needs a bit more testing.

It wouldn't necessarily need that much time. Add the parts as dependencies, and write a configuration panel for them. I think I might even give it a go later.
    Roundcube definitely needs testing, it won't even compile as-is right now (debian/build not found, no dpkg generated).

Zitat

Explain more of what you mean by categories/status based listing. I think I know have an idea but want to make sure. I have comtemplated adding a tab to omvextras that quickly lists the omv-extras plugins with an install/remove (with or without purge) option.

Are you familiar with Synology's DSM? If not, here's a demo: http://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/dsm_livedemo
    Check the Package Center. While I know it is difficult to manage plugins separately when they are in the same format as the main packages, it *should* be possible (pretty much like how aptitude/synaptic sorts the packages into categories).

Zitat

As for Maraschino/HTPCManager/CherryMusic, if they are available with miller's script, they will be plugins in the near future.

All of them are simple Python-based apps, Maraschino is even ready for simple Debian deployment. Setting them up would be as easy as Sickbeard, just clone the git repo, copy the default and initd scripts, sed them to replace user/port/home folder, then create user, and start service. I would even say that for such stuff, the extra "Settings" panel in OMV is unnecessary, just have a button that opens a new page or the usual iframe with the webinterface.

On another note. Would it be possible to make some apps, such as Transmission, Links, Websites, etc., available for each user? Such as, having a global one to be used by the admin account, and each user would have their own instance, control panel, init script, etc.

Transmission: global as it is right now, user-specific defaults to download stuff to ~/Downloads/
    Websites: global as it is right now, user-specific covers omv-server/~username/, from ~/www/, with custom settings possible (e.g. disabling PHP, etc.)
    Links: global as it is right now, every user can define their own links and they can also see the global ones

One more thing. So far, CouchPotato and Sickbeard does not use the home directory set under Access Rights Management/Users/Settings, it defaults to /home/. And because of this, the home directory path resets any time you install such an app, screwing up the SMB homes mount. Any chance of fixing this?

• You should not use aptitude on your OMV. It is best to stick with APT for package management.

We do look at the demos from qnap, synology, et. al.

I have thought for some time it might be a good idea to combine simple plugins into 1. Just have individual enable and then multiple iframe TAB pages that get activated with the enabling of the service. Individual repos could be created with the enabling also. It would reduce the amount of nodes.

You can make services available to individual users. It is time consuming to do this. If you look at the OpenVPN plugin for .4 you would see that this has been done before.

When you are dealing with so many plugins it's also difficult to handle the home directory, and data location, when dealing with so many plugins. If you jump to fast you might break things.

• Well, it isn't that hard at all. 3 hours of fiddling around, and I present you, the Maraschino plugin!
    Uses a pre-coded git repo (soon I'll add options for the repo, branch, and port number, etc.), pulls code during install (it is a bit slow, I know, but this way we can use its own initd script, no need to modify it), sets up user, etc.

One small thing: after starting the service and applying the changes, wait about 10 seconds before switching to the Web Interface tab, otherwise you'll catch Maraschino in its startup phase.

WARNING! It is an initial release. While not many functions are there (basically just enable-disable it), they might break. If they do, drop me a message.

tekkbebe, what's wrong with aptitude? I prefer it over apt-get, though I mostly use it for package search.

• in my opinion the priority must be assigned to POOLING. Yeah, i really need for a pooling plugin but i also think that OMV is NAS distro so, in first look, must let us to do all storage purpose. We have raid, we have LVM and we have snapraid. But at this time we don't have a simple pooling for who need a lot of space without data protection.
    A mail server could be another very good plugin :)

• fonix, I didn't say anything is wrong with Aptitude. The average user here would not be able to resolve conflicts with package managers so we encourage them to only use APT. You are not an average user. We say these things as standard policy to help reduce the number of people that break their systems.

There are some hidden sections of forum for development. I will have you added.

• Condor, if you are using multiple drives (can be varied in size) the Greyhole plugin does pooling with data in Samba shares. You only need to have one shared folder (shared with SMB/CIFS) on one drive. The drives can all be pooled and the data can be moved between all the drives, and balanced, with Greyhole.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "fonix232"

Roundcube definitely needs testing, it won't even compile as-is right now (debian/build not found, no dpkg generated).

The plugin is working just fine and I have no problem creating the package. Not sure what you are using to create it but

fakeroot debian/rules clean binary

works perfect. Shouldn't need a debian/build file. If you want to try roundcube, here is the .deb.

And just a warning... We have been scolded for removing copyrights from files. Your plugin barely changes anything from the initial miller plugin and you removed the omv plugin developer copyright...

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

fonix, I didn't say anything is wrong with Aptitude. The average user here would not be able to resolve conflicts with package managers so we encourage them to only use APT. You are not an average user. We say these things as standard policy to help reduce the number of people that break their systems.

There are some hidden sections of forum for development. I will have you added.

Thanks!

Aaron:
    I've been mostly following the Plugin Development Tutorial, only took a few peeks at the miller plugins (mostly for the debian package generation, that part sucked hard!

I copied the original copyright notice, and replaced the parts where I did my own stuff. But if you want me to, I can push it on Git with the original notice, and you can merge it with the official repo.

I tried building Roundcube with the dpkg-buildpackage command, where it returns that there's no "build" target, and halts. That's why I said so.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Condor, if you are using multiple drives (can be varied in size) the Greyhole plugin does pooling with data in Samba shares. You only need to have one shared folder (shared with SMB/CIFS) on one drive. The drives can all be pooled and the data can be moved between all the drives, and balanced, with Greyhole.

yes I read about greyhole but i'm using AFP and NFS for my shares; at least at home i prefer to stay away from Windows :D
    Now i'm rsyincing on two lent drives and when done i will go for AUFS for make the pooling and transfer back the data. Hope this move will work without too much troubles....

• There isn't a lot in the voting options that I need, as I am running OMV virtualized, and I can already fill gaps with a separate VM elsewhere.

My votes would go to: AD integration via SSSD & ISCSI initiator

- For those who wish for Active Directory integration, would it not be better to look into SSSD [removed link to SSSD at fedora] and provide a basic plugin of sorts. After fighting with samba and winbind as I couldn't get my groups to show in the OMV web UI, I tried the instructions here [removed link to samba wiki] and was up and running with Samba 4 AD Users and groups in less than 30 mins.
    - I'd like to put OMV to use in the office to manage an iscsi target, though I haven't tried yet, it should not be too much trouble configuring the initiator via the shell, but again, I worry that an upgrade to OMV might wipe out my custom changes, hence the desire for a 'supported' way to mount iscsi targets via an initiator plugin.

- Edited to add: Nice, though not essential, some sorf of backup software plugin. Bacula springs to mind though I have never used it.

• I'm still a newbie on the board, so couldn't post links - post flagged as spam
    first one: fedorahosted dot org / sssd
    second one: google for "samba 4 sssd kerberos" first link in results at samba wiki

• I would like to see a calibre server plugin to have access to my ebooks with readers /mobile devices.
    Today I need to start a Windows PC to share the books and to use the functionality offered by browser access.
    The data from calibre are already stored on my OMV machine and I can access the files but without the metadata like in the browser it is not really compfortable.
    Tank you for the good work on OMV. For me it is a very useful software for many tasks.
    Mike

• +1 for this

I might start working on this once i figure out how to make plugins :)

Zitat von "mikeekim"

I would like to see a calibre server plugin to have access to my ebooks with readers /mobile devices.
    Today I need to start a Windows PC to share the books and to use the functionality offered by browser access.
    The data from calibre are already stored on my OMV machine and I can access the files but without the metadata like in the browser it is not really compfortable.
    Tank you for the good work on OMV. For me it is a very useful software for many tasks.
    Mike

• I agree - I have Left Microsoft and never looked back.

I currently have AUFS/NFS working, but I cant wait till there is a plugin to make it "CLean"

Zitat von "TheCondor"

yes I read about greyhole but i'm using AFP and NFS for my shares; at least at home i prefer to stay away from Windows :D
    Now i'm rsyincing on two lent drives and when done i will go for AUFS for make the pooling and transfer back the data. Hope this move will work without too much troubles....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!