Check smart external usb drive??

• Hi all!

I have some usb external drivers that i use to do data copies. These external usb drives are not shown on smart tab under storage. ¿¿Would be possible to shown that info in order to check general status of external drives?? If not, is there any way to shown general status of these external drives under omv??

Thank you.

• Would be possible to shown that info in order to check general status of external drives??

Yes, it is possible. But it depends of the SATA2USB-bridge controller which is used in the external drive case. That means it not depends of OMV but the capabilities of the used hardware and firmware of the controller.

E.g. I use a Fantec DB-ALU3-6G (Model #1659) USB3.0 case for USB backup. This case uses a ASMEDIA ASM1153E bridge controller. This controller supports SMART via USB also (By the way: It does not do 4K sector translation with drives > 2TB. This was the main reason why I bought it).

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• Thank you cabrio_leo.

In my case, smart info is shown under crystal disk info in windows but no under omv?? It makes sense?? I understand that if crystal disk info is able to read data also omv...?¿?

The usb external case is a Seagate Expansion 6TB . seagate 6TB

Thanks in advance.

• Does this device supports UAS? It could be that OMV has a problem for this device. You could try to blacklist UAS for this device in OMV and then make another SMART trial.

See here: No SMART access to Seagate devices under Linux if UAS is used

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Which hardware do you use for OMV (x64, ARM...)? For Raspberry PI4 one solution is explained here: Rasberry Pi4 + Seagate External USB3.0 = No spin-down, no S.M.A.R.T. (100% resolved)

On my OMV system under Debian the solution is a little bit different.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!