OMV 5 - can’t update Kernel

• Hello everyone,

I tried to update the kernel from my Rpi4. First I tried it with „rpi-update“ with putty but no luck.

Then I tried it with OMV Webif over the update tab. And I received the following error and it keeps repeating all over.

I need to update the kernel because I won’t to install pihole with docker and Portainer.

It would be very nice if someone could help me.

Here my specs:

OMV 5.3.2-1

Rpi4

Kernel Linux 4.19.97-v7l+

• Offizieller Beitrag

And I received the following error and it keeps repeating all over

Did you try running the command it tells you to run? apt-get -f install

need to update the kernel because I won’t to install pihole with docker and Portainer.

You don't need a newer kernel to install those. You do need to fix the apt errors with the command above to install docker though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried „apt -fix-broken install“ but no luck.

I will also try your suggestion later.

I installed pihole with this video:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

And i have the same problem at the an as the guy in the video, so I thought a kernel update should be good. But as I said, I will try your suggestion.

• Offizieller Beitrag

tried „apt -fix-broken install“ but no luck.

My suggestion does the same thing.

nd i have the same problem at the an as the guy in the video,

I don't have time to watch the video but I will have to try rpi-update. Not sure why that part is necessary.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• My suggestion does the same thing.

I don't have time to watch the video but I will have to try rpi-update. Not sure why that part is necessary.

Okay I tried your command "apt-get -f install" and it worked, I could install all the updates from OMV. After that I tried pihole via portioner but no luck. Then I did the kernel update with rpi-update and pihole worked.

Thank you for your help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have install pi-hole in a container on an RPi quite a few times and I never updated the kernel with rpi-update. Not sure why the update "fixed" it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!