After Update OMV4->5 Armbian kernel remained at 4.14

• Yesterday I upgraded my Helios4 from OMV4 (Armbian Stretch) to OMV5 (Armbian Buster). I used the procedure here.
    After the successful upgrade I expected a kernel 4.19 but the kernel version continued at 4.14.
    What to do to upgrade the kernel?

• Actually now it's 5.4.
    Just run

Code
    sudo omv-update

Nothing happens. Any repository missing?

• arm boards don't necessarily get a newer kernel just because the distro is upgraded. Because a lot of the patches for these boards live outside the kernel, the kernel has to be patched to work and it is a lot of work to get patches to work with newer kernels.

omv 5.3.9 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.2.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron
    I had to learn my lesson the hard way:
    After switching the kernel from 4.14 to 4.19 using armbian-config everything seemed o.k. up to the point where I inspected my docker containers. There was a problem with docker-ce which couldn't be started neither re-installed. I had to go back to 4.14.

• I just resolved the docker problem applying a hint in the Helios4 support in the armbian forum:

While I didn't think the kernel version caused this (I guess it does), this affects Armbian Buster images when creating a custom network - https://forum.openmediavault.o…MV-NextCloud-Rpi4-NanoPi/

omv 5.3.9 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.2.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!