ERROR: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

• Hello,

trying to login i guess i forgot my password? strange but maybe a dubble typo.

No problem loggin in with ssh and using omv-firstaid change admin password.

then i get the message below.

Code
    Updating control panel administrator password. Please wait ...
    {'response': None, 'error': {'code': 0, 'message': "The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.", 'trace': "OMV\\HttpErrorException: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:91\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('WebGui', 'setPassword', Array, Array, 1)\n#1 {main}", 'http_status_code': 404}}
    ERROR: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

i use it as root.

used the iso installer on a intel machine. All dockers work fine, i only cannot login to the webui.

I can login as user, but then i have no admin rights.

how do i reset the admin password?

• votdev

Added the Label OMV 5.x
  • votdev

Added the Label resolved
  • Add the user admin to the group openmediavault-admin via CLI. But that should really not necessary because fallback code should prevent that situation for the user admin.

I have no idea how to do that?

And if i do not do that, does it mean i have to wait til a new version is up?

• I had the same problem only that the user group openmediavault-admin is also not present.

Same solution from the above only that I added the user group first.

Thank you so much for this wonderful OS and very helpful forum mods.

Code
    groupadd openmediavault-admin
    usermod -aG openmediavault-admin admin
  • Just for your information:

I did a new fresh installation, applied all the available updates [final version 5.5.6.1 (Usul)], and the Web GUI shows me the same message when I try to change the "admin" password thru the WEB GUI.

The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

Detailed message:

Error #0:
    OMV\HttpErrorException: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:91
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('WebGui', 'setPassword', Array, Array, 1)
    #1 {main}

At the end I changed via SSH.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!