Upgraded from omv4 to omv5 - able to recover my sql database?

• Hey guys,

I just upgraded my omv4 to omv5 and just forgot to backup my mysql database before that.

Is there any chance to recover it? I don't even remember the datadir from the previous installation. :/

If it would still be there on the hard disk I would try to recover it in a mysql docker container.

Thank you in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you ran the upgrade script, it purges the plugin but that should only remove mysql. So, if you search your system for a file named ibdata1, you should still have your data files for your database in the sub-directory named after the database. You usually can move those to a docker.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you, I used your script, yes.

I found the file ibdata1 in the folder /var/lib/mysql.

Do I only need to some kind of "bind" this into my docker mysql or is it something else I need to move?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I only need to some kind of "bind" this into my docker mysql or is it something else I need to move?

You need to put all the files from /var/lib/mysql in whatever directory you are passing to the mysql container /var/lib/mysql.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!