OMV installation error

• Hi,

So i have tried building OMV5 on raspberry PI 4 2GB twice now, once using a Tech Dad install video and then using a DB tech video both instances it will reach the DHCP reset line and just hang for ages (i waited about 30 mintues) but no message of disconnection or completation. I then open a new SSH window and reboot but when i try and go to the OMV page to log in it says it cannot connect and when i check the install of omv i get this

im assuming this mean the install of OMV was not done correctly?

Please could someone advised installation that will work.

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von STUKguy ()

• KM0201

Hat das Label von OMV 0.5 auf OMV 5.x geändert.
  • I would suggest setting a static IP to your raspberry pi based on its MAC address. If you can do this through your router or whatever is your dhcp server that would be the best route.

Then redo the installation.

I found the easiest way to install omv5 onto a pi4 is to install debian first as an sdcard flashed image (or usb or whatever boot media you choose) and then run the omv install script.

Code
    wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/install | sudo bash

With a static IP address when the ssh session times out just restart it (ssh session) after 20 seconds or so and it should be done.

I would still do the whole raspi-config steps before actuallly installing omv5.

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply, so how does this sound

Freash install of Raspbian os once set up then set a static IP inside Raspbian and also onmy router, instead of installing OMV via SSH i will connect up the PI to a monitor and keyoboard and then install the code you gave?

• Also noticed this last night my PI hangs like this

I have to physically unplug it and then plug it back in

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply, so how does this sound

Freash install of Raspbian os once set up then set a static IP inside Raspbian and also onmy router, instead of installing OMV via SSH i will connect up the PI to a monitor and keyoboard and then install the code you gave?

If you can still get into your pi now then grab the mac address for the network adaptor you are using (wifi, ethernet).

Then set the static dhcp reservation in your dhcp server. If you do the reservation in your dhcp server there's no need to set it on the pi itself.

Once the pi is able to pull the static IP from the dhcp server there should be no issue installing omv via ssh. If you are more comfortable with a keyboard and monitor there's nothing wrong with that either.

Also noticed this last night my PI hangs like this

I have to physically unplug it and then plug it back in

I have updated all my pi4s with eeprom code and boot config options that shutdown the pi to a low power state but it still requires me to power cycle for a reboot. If yours is hanging like that I would suggest checking your firmware before proceeding with anything else.

• How do I check the Firmware, I've only ever done the normal update/upgrades haven't tried the SSD boot which I know evolve change something in the firmware

• Ah so it appears since I re-did the flash it would have put the firmware back to factory default? I think.

I'm in and installing OMV again see how this works. I miss being able to use the prebuilt (iso) of OMV found it so much easier.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I miss being able to use the prebuilt (iso) of OMV found it so much easier.

It is not possible with OMV 5.x because OMV will not install in chroot. There were a lot of issues with those images too. I honestly don't think it is hard to flash the image and run a script in one line though. I have done it hundreds of times without network issues. If your network is causing problems, you can skip the network setup that the script does - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…t/blob/master/install#L71

wget https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install

chmod +x install

sudo ./install -n

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe this?

There is no RPi pre-installed OMV image anymore

• Thank you both for your help, no it's not hard running a script. I'm just very impatient

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm just very impatient

The old image updated on first boot and actually took longer to setup than the current install script.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• To add insult to injury, i think the builds i did last night were fine, i only say that as im logged in to my PI now and can go to the OMV log in page fine, did the same on my phone but for some reason my Chrome browser would not let me go to it. Cleared my history/site settings and chace.....guess what everything perfectly now :/ ........im going back to sleep

• STUKguy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!