ARM and OMV - What do I have to know?

• @ Aaron: Thx, I'll take a look.

@ Tekk: How often do you swap HDD? I'll do it normally after seven years, when I'm building a new PC. For my NAS I'm planning five years.

Kristen is cute. :D Like her since Veronica Mars.

• She is from the east side of Michigan. I just looked it up where exactly, Huntington Woods. I thought she was from Bloomfield Hills. She grew up where my mom is from almost. My mom is from Royal Oak. I'm a west coaster. I'm from Traverse City originally.

I seem to move drives around a lot. I dunno why but I do. I have one drive in my OMV from a Fedora machine that is LVM. Just moved it in a few weeks ago and haven't reactivated the LVM yet. :lol: :lol:

PS- I like Kristen and Dax. They are typical Michigan people and don't let Hollywood or fame get to their head. Kid Rock and Eminem are good guys too. I met Kid Rock once. Very down to earth guy. These people care about their home state. I can't say this about Madonna. She is an ass.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

I wish they would build a small arm device that had a case and 2 hot swap slots for 2.5 inch drives. It would be pretty cool, a perfect mini OMV.

Look at the ODRIOD-XU by Hard Kernel. It has USB3 as a compromise for speed and hot swap, grab a decent enclosure with RAID and you're done :)

The problem that I am finding with a lot of the arm devices is that they either do not have gigabit ethernet (like the RasPi) or it is not yet supported (Cubietruck).. I have a Cubietruck that I am planning to turn into a NAS, and the problem I have at the moment is that Cubietech haven't actually got a Linux image with gigabit ethernet.

On the front of OMV and Debain killing the flash, I believe most boards with flash have an SD slot also? That would solve the problem. :)

EDIT: I thought the ODROID_XU had gigabit ethernet, but it doesn't... so I guess the Cubietruck is the fastest thing in the way of arm... once they get the ethernet sorted :P

EDIT2: UDOO Quad has gigabit :P

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have an Udoo Quad running wheezy :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I got it through kickstarter for work because of the fast processor and the arduino section.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Odroid xu has gigabit..but it's a seperate addons.they did so because not all need it..and to have a minor price,they included it as an adaptor,for only who need it.
    The one they sell,it's compatible with both linux and android.
    I own it and works great.
    I'm interested in build a nas with xu,gigabit lan adapter and hdd dock (usb 3.0)with in it a sata hdd 2TB WD red (nas supported)
    http://www.hardkernel.com/main….php?g_code=G137448544866
    http://www.hardkernel.com/main….php?g_code=G137447448698
    How can i begin here?sorry for this noob question,i looked in the forum without much finding..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!