Advise on drive setup for a OMV 5 build.

• Hi,

I am running OMV 5 on a HP Microserver GEN8 with 4 6TB drives.

I am running the installation from UBS drive but am not really comfortable with this setup.

Since the HP micro has 4 drive slots and I want to use them for dat only (unionFS) and do not have a valid option to add other dives like a small SSD for boot and os drive what would be the best options keeping in mind I want to have most drives available for DATA.

I guess I could do a small partition on one drive (I guess I would still be able to use the rest for a Union FS volume).

Maybe a external USB HD which is more resilient than the USB drive I am using now.

Anyway, I would like to have the opinion of the forum and maybe some insight on how other people tackled this problem.

Regards!

• Small 16GB SSD in an external USB case is what I use here.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hmm, I still have a SSD lying around, think I am going to go with that.

Do not trust the USB even with the FLASH plugin.

SSD I can use without the flash plug option right?

Is there a easy way of transferring the system to the SSD without a reinstall?

• You should use the flash plugin with an SSD. It can't hurt anything.

Easiest way to transfer a system is to clone the disk.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi, Thank you all!
    During the cloning of my USB I noticed that it is corrupt (which is probably the cause of the problems I had been having) SO nou I think I need to start with a new install on the new ssd, wondering what I can salvage (configuration wise) from this installation and if somebody has a good guide on how to approach this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!