Apply "Pending configuration changes" on the command line

• Hi,

I get "Pending configuration changes" mails with this text

The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

from time to time. I have ssh access to the box and would like to apply the changes on the command line. I know I can do this on the web ui, but due to the (IMHO misguided) decision to prevent passwords from being saved there I have to unlock my pw manager, which is a hassle due to 2fa and a strong pw.

Is there a way to apply the changes on the command line? I had a look at the omv-* binaries but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thanks

• cheegh6F

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This should do the trick:

sudo /usr/sbin/omv-rpc -u admin "config" "applyChanges" "{ \"modules\": $(cat /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json),\"force\": true }"

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I've just starting getting these emails as well -- again. The last time a month or so ago I applied the command line fix above and it seemed to fix it. But now I'm getting them again. Thing is that I haven't made any configuration changes. Is there a way to see what it thinks has changed?

5.5.21-1 Usul

Linux 4.14.212-OdroidXU4

EDIT: Found some logs. It appears the email was in response to cron.daily running. I don't know however if cron.daily changed something without applying it, or rather merely detected the change and let me know about it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von omv_user22 () aus folgendem Grund: More detail

• Thanks for the info. I thought the same as the guy in the thread -- that I'd been hacked or something. Unfortunately If I had known to look in /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json and seen "initramfs" had been changed, it would not have reassured me -- in fact I'd be even more concerned I'd been hacked! Good to know it's a benign change....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are there any differences with OMV6?

Nope

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!