[Solved] Make Keepass/Firefox work with OMV web GUI login page

• Is it possible to alter the login page for the web GUI? Specifically, I'd like to remove the Language dropdown menu so that only the Username and Password text fields are shown.

The reason is I've been trying to get KeePass (+ the Kee extension in Firefox) to auto-fill the username/password fields correctly, and I can't get it to work. Somehow the language selection ends up changing from English to admin instead while the username field stays empty, though the password field is filled in correctly. But of course I can't log in this way; I have to reload the page just to fix the language selection. I have to manually type admin and then copy/paste the password from my KeePass database every time to log into OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to alter the login page for the web GUI? Specifically, I'd like to remove the Language dropdown menu so that only the Username and Password text fields are shown.

Sorry that's not possible.

The better approach would be to find out if there is something wrong with the login page and provide a fix to the community if the problem is the login page.

• For anyone who may be having the same issue with Keepass/Firefox and OMV, I figured out the solution.

In Keepass, select the entry with your username and password for OMV, go to the Kee tab, then the Form fields subtab, and add the IDs username-inputEl (that's capital E, small L) and password-inputEl to the existing entries. Save the database and then Kee will correctly fill in the fields on the login page.

• cubemin

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • cubemin

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Web GUI login page customization“ zu „[Solved] Make Keepass/Firefox work with OMV web GUI login page“ geändert.
  • For anyone who may be having the same issue with Keepass/Firefox and OMV, I figured out the solution.

In Keepass, select the entry with your username and password for OMV, go to the Kee tab, then the Form fields subtab, and add the IDs username-inputEl (that's capital E, small L) and password-inputEl to the existing entries. Save the database and then Kee will correctly fill in the fields on the login page.

Many Thanks. Works 100000%!

Do you have a solution for excluding search fields? The Kee symbol is always displayed in the search fields.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!