SnapRaid Issue after OMV 2 --> OMV 5 move (install)

• Hi,

I was using OMV 2 for some years with SnapRaid.

For the upgrade to OMV 5 I decided to install OMV 5 fresh, instead of upgrade step by step.

I have a HP microserver Gen8 G1610T with 4 disk with SnapRAID + SD in the ODD port for OMV and a USB boot stick in the internal USB slot

As this is a tricky environment, I had to follow these steps:

1. disconnect the SnapRaid disk + the internal USB boot stick

2- install OMV 5 on the SD on the ODD port

-->test successful - OMV was coming up

3. activate the boot stick in the internal USB slot

-->connecting the 4 disk again and boot the system

Now OMV 5 is up and running on the SD (ODD port)

In the disk settings I can see the 4 disks with the same device name as it was under OMV 2

Installing SnapRaid and aufs (Union FS)

Based on my preparation, I thought I have to setup the SnapRaid in the same way again and all will working as it was before. But although I could see the 4disks from the SnapRaid in the disk section, I could not choose the disk in the snapRaid configuration

(note: also in other views like Raid configuration, I could not select any of these disks)

If I mount the disk manually, I can still see all the data on the disk

Any idea how I will be able to configure the disks in the SnapRAID?

Thanks & Regards,

ichfunktion

• No idea what your reference to aufs is about, that is no longer an option for UnionFS in OMV 5.

Have you mounted the disks within OMV's Filesystem page or are they not available for mounting there?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I used aufs as UnionFS in OMV2

For OMV5 I installed the union FS plugin, realizing now it will not support aufs anymore

-->will this be an issue as my old disk was configured this way?

Thanks for pointing to the Filesystem page.

I was able to mount the disk here and now the disks are available in the other areas too

(my OMV 2 was up and running more than 1500 days, forgot the basics of OMV :( )

• You will have to reconfigure your UnionFS from within the plugin. It uses mergerfs now instead of aufs. But this won't make any difference to the data on the disks.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!