OMV 5 weird things going on.

• Hello Everyone,

Not sure exactly what's going on here but I added 3 Physical drives to my OMV 5 Server and when I try to create a file system on them 2 of them disappear. I have a screenshot so you can see but not sure how to add it here. Sorry real new to these forums.

what happens is under create file system I choose /dev/sdb1 and then format it ext4 and then hit ok after <https://ibb.co/FhzhzLr> I choose the disk add a label and the ext4 filesystem it acts like it is working fine goes through the process and at the it says created successfully but doesn't add it to the list of devices? <https://ibb.co/0ytC04H>Does any one have any ideas or are you having the same issue?

OMV5 Image - v5.5.23-1 (Usul)

Disks - <https://ibb.co/g3YWbs3>

/dev/sdc1 added fine

/dev/sdb1 won't add goes through the process though

/dev/sdd1 won't add either goes through the process as well.

Not sure what to do or what to look for.

Thanks,

Michael

• Agricola

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Did you wipe them first in disks tab?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Did you wipe them first in disks tab?

Yes sir I did, I made sure they didn't have anything at all. Used gparted on them. Thank you for responding so quick. I am still investigating and going through logs, I will let you know what I find. For anyone else who runs into this issue here is what was done disappearing disk after filesystem creation. I ended up doing the slower secure wipe. I will let you know the out come. Also I believe you are right I thought I completely wiped it, but it still had something from TrueNAS on it.

Thanks again,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Used gparted on them.

No, I meant did you set physical disk properties and wipe them in the GUI under Storage/Disks?

• No, I meant did you set physical disk properties and wipe them in the GUI under Storage/Disks?

No Sir I did not, I am doing that now, after reading a bunch of posts about it, I figured it out just before I went to bed. I will let ya know. So I think I got it taken care of. I wiped the drives in the GUI and then created a file system for each. I believe I am good to go. Yup that did the trick, Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction. I do Appreciate it.

Michael Cooper

Linux Certified

RPi Hobby Blog

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nexusguy59 () aus folgendem Grund: Made a mistake in my gramar, another grammar error.

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • macom

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!