Git container for very small projects

• Hello,

I have some Python scripts in my home automatization for the irrigation, shutter, etc. and I'd like to store and version them in GIT. The docker git suggestions I found were from 2018, so I wanted to ask if there's a stable working, not too resource hungry ready to use docker image you can recommend?

Thanks and kind regards,

Felix

• Offizieller Beitrag

gitea works very well. https://hub.docker.com/r/gitea/gitea

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

can you perhaps give me a hint how to install this docker image in OMV? I clicked "Pull image" in the docker section and added the pull string from the link ryecoaaron posted: docker pull gitea/gitea

As version I took the version of the latest release 1.12 (seems stable in contrast to 1.13). Then I press Start but nothing seems to happen. I also don't see a request in the Network section of firefox developer tools.

The docker section of what? I have no idea what you are doing to try to make this work. If you start with the docker-compose file listed on the docker hub in portainer or yacht and change the details to fit your system, it should just work.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• The docker section of what? I have no idea what you are doing to try to make this work. If you start with the docker-compose file listed on the docker hub in portainer or yacht and change the details to fit your system, it should just work.

Hello ryecoaaron,

thanks and sorry, I got it installed from OpenMediaVault. The I clicked "docker" (left side menu), then "Pull Image" with "gitea/gitea" and tag version 1.12. This downloaded the image.

I now tried to start it with "Run Image", but have no clue how to set the parameters from the list on the link you posted. I'm quite new with docker and only got mariadb and phpmyadmin configured by a youtube video. I have no idea how to install a docker container via yacht or portainer (I don't know this software at all). Is it not possible to do so from OpenMediaVault directly?

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks,

Felix

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ah, you are still using OMV 4.x and the docker plugin. Someone else will have to help with that unless you install portainer or yacht and then use that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is a guide to set up several docker in the docker-gui of OMV.

OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more)

And here is a guide which is telling you, how to setup a container using a docker-comose file.

[How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

As mentioned in the guide the container you setup this way will be visible in the docker-gui as well.

However, I would suggest you upgrade to OMV5 before spending additional effort on a system that has reached end of life some time ago.

• Thanks a lot to both of you and sorry for the confusion. I'll follow macom's recommendation to upgrade to OMV 5. Probably some more effort right now but neccessary at any time.

My installation is not that big and I don't use the server 24/7 but only when I need it.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Felix

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!