/opt/EasyRSA-v3.0.6 folder owned by non-admin user

• I just found a folder inside /opt that surprised the heck out of me.

Not sure why EasyRSA is installed on my system - is it part of OMV? Is it part of certbot (which I installed as root)? Or is it a remnant of me installing and then removing openvpn at some point? (I don't remember if I did or not.)

But my real confusion lies in the fact that the EasyRSA folder and all its contents are owned by luderterz. That's a user I created solely with permissions to access a dedicated shared folder via FTPS from the public LAN. luderterz has no access whatsoever to /opt/ or any other folders.

Questions:

1. How did this happen?
    2. Should I chown the EasyRSA folder to root, or leave it?
    • Offizieller Beitrag

How did this happen?

Did you install the openvpn plugin?

Should I chown the EasyRSA folder to root, or leave it?

The easyrsa script sets the permissions. There is no 1001 group on your system. So, that doesn't hurt anything. Not sure what the luderterz user is but I wouldn't worry about it unless you never installed the openvpn plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you install the openvpn plugin?

Come to think of it, yes, at some point I did. Then I decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it.

luderterz is one of the users I created. (I never connect to the web GUI as anyone else besides admin, and I never use the commandline as anyone else but root.)

I'm just confused that the EasyRSA files are owned by it. But with your assurance, I feel better about leaving well enough alone.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm just confused that the EasyRSA files are owned by it

I'm guessing the easyrsa script downloads and extracts an archive. The files in the archive probably have the same user id as your luderterz user. If you purge the plugin, it should remove /opt/Easy-RSA-* https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/master/debian/postrm#L44

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Ah - same user id as luderterz, that actually makes sense.

I looked at your link and noticed a typo: rm -rf /opt/Easy-RSA-* should be rm -rf /opt/EasyRSA-* without the first dash. That would be why the folder was left behind in my case (and I'm the first one to actually notice this?).

Have deleted the folder manually with no ill effects. Thank you for your help with this!

• cubemin

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I'm the first one to actually notice this?

Yep. It has been wrong for a very long time. I will fix that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!