Raspberry Pi4 OMV5 and date & time issues

• Hi to you all!

Hope you are having a great week. I am having a few problems with my OMV5 build and I hope with your help I can fix it :D

I have had OMV5 running on my pi4 for a while now with no issues, installing docker images and mounting and unmounting drives, samba shares and so on.

If I remember correctly I started having issues after an update a few weeks back, docker stopped working unable to fresh install it and more problems that I quite did not understand at the time. I thought the problem could be an issues during the updating process so I thought, Alright! let´s do a fresh install and see what happens.

I followed all the steps like always do following the OMV5 installation guide, then during the apt-get update/upgrade I realize something, my pi has a problem with date&time. I never had this issue before so started researching how to fix it so I installed ntp servers that fixed the problem. I proceed with OMV5 installation- no issues.

Then I get my drives mounted, my shared folders up and running docker and portainer installed, all running fine.

So when I proceed with Portainer to install Plex through Stack, the image it gets installed but is not running properly.

Reviewing the Plex logs I found and Error related to date&time so I am assuming there is something wrong that I do not know how to fix.

Could you guys possibly give me a hand with this?

This is the plex´s log Plex Media Server.1.txt

This is from portainer _plex_logs.txt

Thank you

Nosed

• so I installed ntp servers that fixed the problem.

All RPI images referenced by OMV have a network time service enabled. What image version was used?

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Hi mi-hol thanks for your answer.

I am using Raspberry PI OS Lite.

timedatectl return this:

Interesting how NTP goes inactive after the update/upgrade. I do not understand why I need to set NTP servers up when I do a fresh installation, everything should be running right away...

• Doesn't really answer my question

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• "raspios_lite_armhf-2021-03-25" is a valid version

• I am using linuxserver.io / plex arm32v7-latest

contradictions

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not understand why I need to set NTP servers up when I do a fresh installation, everything should be running right away...

You don't. The install script enables ntp and the ntp service uses the default ntp pool. Your clock must be changed since it is Jan 1 1970. If it isn't set for your timezone, you can change that in the Date & Time tab. I don't use plex so I can't help you with the container issue but that is a problem with that image.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron,

Is it normal that I need to set NTP servers to update and upgrade Raspberry Pi OS? Right after using Balena Etcher to burn the iso into the sdcard, first start in the Raspi and It will not do anything unless I set the NTP servers. Is it possible that my Raspi has something wrong and is not working as it is supposed to? I keep thinking that after burning a new sdcard I never had the need of setting up ntp servers before.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it normal that I need to set NTP servers to update and upgrade Raspberry Pi OS?

No. It should be setting the time. If not (I haven't had that issue), then apt will fail because the repo packages will be in future time.

Is it possible that my Raspi has something wrong and is not working as it is supposed to?

If the install script installed OMV, it was fine at that point. What you did to it after that, I can't say.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!