Docker spin up HDDs without any obvious reason

• Hi,

I have Configure the advanced power management to 1-Minimum power usage with standby (spindown)

This working as expected the HDD of my device is spindown as expected as soon there is no traffic.

But when I start the Docker then the disk start to spin up every ~1min after 30~ seconds the disk spindown but again after ~1min it spins up again, without any obvious reason.

Is it any type of logs that I have to check on Docker side to find out what triggers this behaviour?

• I was just looking for an answer to a similar issue.

I can hear that my disks are spinning up, but i am assuming it's because docker is running.

My set up is a HP Microserver with an SSD which stores the OS and 2 hard drives that are plugged in for all other storage.

I have docker set up to run off my hard disks and not the SSD. Since I have adguard running off docker, I am guessing that devices in my house will being pinging the web at all times of the night.

Maybe it's a similar issue to you. Does anyone know if the docker containers running will mainly be running off RAM or will they constantly write to HDs?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!