I would like to share my experience of how you can get OMV5 running along with RaspAP, so that you can share your drives in your local network while your raspberry acts as wifi-hotspot connected to the router with ethernet. My set up:
[Router] <---- eth ----> [Pi] (RaspAP + OMV5)
__WiFi 1_____________WiFi 2 (subnet)
- Get a clean Raspberry Pi OS image (I use the 32bit Lite) and install it on your SD (you can use Etcher which is simple and portable)
- Follow the RaspAP quick guide and set up your network as you like, but change the Web Server Port to 8080 (so that it doesn't conflict with OMV5), from the RaspAP wifi configuration portal menu System -> Advanced
- Install OMV5 skipping network configuration:
- Configure your OMV5 without touching the network settings
- Using the default RaspAP, my OMV SMB share drives where only visible through the parent net (connected through WiFi 1). If you want the drives to be accessible from the subnet (WiFi 2), you need to add the following code at the end of OMV Control panel -> Menu -> SMB/CIFS -> Settings Tab -> Extra Options:
I hope this helps other noobs like me.
If you have problems connecting to the Hotpot caused by the dnsmasq service not started, have a look here.