RaspAP and OMV5 (Media Center + WifiHotspot with ethernet)

• Hello everyone,

I would like to share my experience of how you can get OMV5 running along with RaspAP, so that you can share your drives in your local network while your raspberry acts as wifi-hotspot connected to the router with ethernet. My set up:

[Router] <---- eth ----> [Pi] (RaspAP + OMV5)

____|___________________|

__WiFi 1_____________WiFi 2 (subnet)

Instructions:
    - Get a clean Raspberry Pi OS image (I use the 32bit Lite) and install it on your SD (you can use Etcher which is simple and portable)
    - Follow the RaspAP quick guide and set up your network as you like, but change the Web Server Port to 8080 (so that it doesn't conflict with OMV5), from the RaspAP wifi configuration portal menu System -> Advanced
    - Install OMV5 skipping network configuration:

Code
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/install -O install.sh
    chmod +x ./install.sh
    sudo ./install.sh -n
    rm ./install.sh

- Configure your OMV5 without touching the network settings
    - Using the default RaspAP, my OMV SMB share drives where only visible through the parent net (connected through WiFi 1). If you want the drives to be accessible from the subnet (WiFi 2), you need to add the following code at the end of OMV Control panel -> Menu -> SMB/CIFS -> Settings Tab -> Extra Options:

Code
    bind interfaces only = yes
    interfaces = lo eth0

- Done!

I hope this helps other noobs like me.

PS:
    If you have problems connecting to the Hotpot caused by the dnsmasq service not started, have a look here.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Modify the OMV5 installation script to remove the network configuration (credits here) by deleting the following code at the end of the script

This is funny. The script has a flag to skip networking. ./install -n No need to modify the script at all.

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

try'd the guide you 'v written. RaspAP can't start dnsmasq which won't let WIFI have DCHP active.

Ive try'd "Hotpot caused by the dnsmasq service not started" link but that messes up even more :(.

Any idea what more to try. Ive try'd to google but not finding any real fix ?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Supervilan_i ()

• the error I get

Sep 04 12:12:50 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting dnsmasq - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server...

Sep 04 12:12:50 raspberrypi dnsmasq[1957]: dnsmasq: syntax check OK.

Sep 04 12:12:51 raspberrypi dnsmasq[1958]: dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use

Sep 04 12:12:51 raspberrypi dnsmasq[1958]: failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use

Sep 04 12:12:51 raspberrypi dnsmasq[1958]: FAILED to start up

Sep 04 12:12:51 raspberrypi systemd[1]: dnsmasq.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT

Sep 04 12:12:51 raspberrypi systemd[1]: dnsmasq.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Sep 04 12:12:51 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Failed to start dnsmasq - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server.

• I have the same problem, did you find a solution in the meantime ?

• Which process is listening on port 53?

netstat -tulpen | grep 53

If it is systemd-resolvd you have to switch it off in /etc/systemd/resolved.conf by setting DNSStubListener=no

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hey,

I hope someone can help me here.

I am trying to install RasAp + OMV (OMV5 with raspbian buster or OMV6 with raspbian bulleye).

I have installed RaspAp first, and everything works great.

Then, using the omv install script (and the -n option), I am stuck at this point in the install process :

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/network-online.target.wants/systemd-networkd-wait-online.service → /lib/systemd/system/systemd-networkd-wait-online.service.

Do you guys have any idea?

Thanks !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!