SFTP via Nemo

• Hello,

I've been trying to access OMV via Nemo using SFTP.

This used to work fine on a previous (Mint) setup, so would't expect much trouble here.

With SSH enabled, port set, I can get a PW request response.

But none of my (usually accepted) passwords work.

I am still working on shared and home folders but the error message I get it "could not display sftp://192.168.169.170/:123 access was denied".

Does this mean "no home directorz set" or "no allocated space found"?

Some content might be slightly modified to mask personal settings- just to keep the sharks away, you never know :)

• Try specifying the user when connecting and omit the slash after the IP address before the colon.

sftp://username@192.168.169.170:123

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I think before I try this, I will need to specify a path that is not root-owned.

If I try as "admin@" or "root@" (so I can specify a path that works = / ), I get "please verify your user details.

I probablz cannot use a user from group "users" right now as I haven't allocated a home path for them.

Something for tomorrow, thanks for the idea so far!

Some content might be slightly modified to mask personal settings- just to keep the sharks away, you never know :)

• The OMV admin user does not have ssh or sftp access by design. The OMV root user can not access via ssh or sftp by default, but this can be enabled in the ssh menu.

Any user you wish to have ssh or sftp access must be a member of the OMV ssh group.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks.

That solved it.

Added the user to the ssh group and I can access the home folder via Nemo easily.

However, it is the complete home folder. I‘d prefer to limit this a bit further so it’s just less complex when used as a simply file share/dropbox.

I‘d mark this one as solved as I‘ve just opened another thread on trying to do this with a USB stick as a test- before mounting my real backup drives.

USB mount

• NAS-i-Goreng

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!