How i can backup filesystems

• Hello

After 3 days of work i configured my OMV

Now i want to backup all except my data partition (sataa24)

I donwload plugin openmediavault-backup 5.2.4 and do dd method buts seems only backup sataa19 (or not?)

I can't use clonezilla because is a NAS with only 1 usb.. maybe i can put some url in my webbrowser to see clonezilla?

How i can backup and restore all my critical partitions?

I see in others posts dd method but I'm afraid to use it because they call it the "disk destroyer" instruction. Could someone give me an example with some of my partitions and I do the rest?

Thx

• Offizieller Beitrag

I donwload plugin openmediavault-backup 5.2.4 and do dd method buts seems only backup sataa19 (or not?)

That plugin is only meant to backup the OS drive since you don't create shared folders on the OS drive which allow you to use the many other plugins allowing backup.

How i can backup and restore all my critical partitions?

There is no need to backup the entire partition. You should use something like rsync, rsnapshot, borg, etc to backup the files from one disk to another. There are guides on the forum on how to do at least those three options. Backup is really up to you how it is done depending on where the backup is stored.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• "That plugin is only meant to backup the OS drive since you don't create shared folders on the OS drive which allow you to use the many other plugins allowing backup.".. thta means only copy sataa19? (sysrtem)

"There is no need to backup the entire partition. " ??? And all the data and parmissions on sataa20/21/22?

For example i hacve installed and configured apache on root ssh.. i think this data is on sataa21 or 22

sataa24 is data to sync outside in pen or similar with rsync

If my HD is broken i want no install debian with the same partition, execute instruction and get back all my configurations in partitions 20/21/22. Then manually or rsync copy personal data (movies, etc..)

Thx

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!