Static Ip doesn't work, sometimes it does...

• So I moved to a flat, it has a different router. I reinstalled my server completely (don't ask why, I had my reason) and the networking just doesn't want to work.

My router

• Gateway is 192.168.1.1
    • Network subnet (netmask): 255.255.255.0
    • IPv6 ON
    • DHCP network address is 192.168.0.1 (I don't exactly know what this is), also DHCP's DNS server is 192.168.1.1
    • Start and and address is 192.168.1.2-...254

I tried to give my PI a static lease from the router settings (with MAC address), it kinda worked, but after a reboot sometimes it didn't and sometimes it never connected again (and I needed to reinstall again OMV). I tried to disable IPv6 on Raspberry Pi (I don't really know if it's a good idea) and do it again. I tried to give a static IP in the web GUI, with 192.168.1.135/134/23. I tried these things, over and over again with a little change. Nothing worked. Should I just use DHCP and for Torrent's if I get a new IP the UPnP will handle it and set it automatically or use static IP? If I should, than how?? I don't want to reinstall it again. Also if I disable IPv6 on my router, what happens? Will the internet be slower or will it fix it?

I am really a newbie in networking. Also one more thing, I use Raspberry Pi 4 8GB with and M.2 SSD and Argon ONE V2 case (and the HDMI output doesn't work so I can't use omv-firstaid if I mess it up).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also if I disable IPv6 on my router, what happens? Will the internet be slower or will it fix it?

If you disable IPv6 you will not be able to use IPv6 in your local network. No problem as you most likely don't use it.

DHCP means, that your router is assigning an IP to the RPi. Your router should stat a range of IP which is used for DHCP and another one that is used for static IP. Bothe range must not overlap.

If you want to assign a static IP it must be from the static IP range.

In your case I would just stick with DHCP. Most likely the router is assigning the same IP anyway. If not, you can reach the GUI of OMV via the hostname. Worst case you have to check in the router which IP has been assigned.

• Okey, thank you. Okey, than I will use the basic DHCP, because that's the easiest to do now. If something needs static IP for some reason, than I will be back.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Once you have a working setup with DHCP, make a clone of the SD card and make sure you can use it. Then you can mess around with the system. If you break it, you still have the working clone. So you don't have to worry to do a reinstall.

• Once you have a working setup with DHCP, make a clone of the SD card and make sure you can use it. Then you can mess around with the system. If you break it, you still have the working clone. So you don't have to worry to do a reinstall.

Good idea. I store portrainer applications config folders on the SSD, but it will make my life easier for sure. Thank you, have a nice day

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!