Adguard Bind error

• Hi, im trying to install Adguard on my Raspberry PI using this script

but when i deploy i get this

Code
    docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint adguardhome (3d921ab20f7261dbb885fa7011cdf0ad6659569e10eaadd5cc59da246541e0a2): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:53: bind: address already in use.

tried doing it via SSH but still the same error, port 53 is not in use.

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• Change yml line 8 && 9 (inside quotes) to:

"LAN_IP:53:53/**p"

It will be like this:

• use macvlan to avoid bind problem.

this is my working stack on IP:192.168.1.3

• Change yml line 8 && 9 (inside quotes) to:

"LAN_IP:53:53/**p"

It will be like this:

Thank you Soma i've got in installed and running but it has given me the DNS of 127.0.0.1 & 172.20.0.2 which i have entered on to my Android device under DNS and then went around to MSN.com and Yahoo (as they have a lot of Ad's) but nothing happened all the ads were still there checked on Adguard page and the device isn't showing up there either, any idea what i am doing wrong?

• Thank you Soma i've got in installed and running but it has given me the DNS of 127.0.0.1 & 172.20.0.2 which i have entered on to my Android device under DNS and then went around to MSN.com and Yahoo (as they have a lot of Ad's) but nothing happened all the ads were still there checked on Adguard page and the device isn't showing up there either, any idea what i am doing wrong?

Your Adguard DNS will be the IP that you used since it's binded to the IP of your server

In the example I posted, for my phone/PC/whatever, I set the DNS server to point to 192.168.1.86

Maybe the solution from raulfg3 is a better one, (I never tried it since it works like I use it)

• Soma just trying it now, for some reason last night when Adguard just stopped working all together no GUI or anything. based on raulfg3 code i have changed it to match my network but a couple of things i didn't understand

The 2 i wasn't about are in red

"Mac_address" - is this the mac address of the PI? if so do you know what the command is to get this?

"ip_range" - what do i put in here?

• MacVLAN mode assign the piholee docker a new virtual NIC, so:

ipv4_address: 192.168.68.115 must be the NEW ip for your pihole, I suggest to use 192.168.1.2 because 192.168.1.1 is the router in most homes.

mac_address: 00:12:90:90:19:09 is a ramdon MAC ( but be sure tat donot exist on your LAN) for this new virtual NIC

ip_range : put a range that cover your new iphole IP.

PD: Please readmy pihole [HOWTO] in my signature to better understand .

• Thank you raulfg3 unfortunately i still could get my head around MacVlans in your instructions, but i did go to a TechoDAD video from your signature and find the answer for the moment it is all up and running with no conflicts., one last question before i mark this post as resolvd when you are on the Portainer/Container list and you have the published ports section in the middle is there away to make the links actually work?

So lets say i click on the a published port

it takes me to this

rather than the correct page, is there away to fix this?

• one last question before i mark this post as resolvd when you are on the Portainer/Container list and you have the published ports section in the middle is there away to make the links actually work?

you need to go to enviroment -> Local.

and put the NAS IP on the public IP label:

• you need to go to enviroment -> Local.

and put the NAS IP on the public IP label:

Thank you so much, for all your help

• STUKguy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!