some smart data not show into the GUI

• thank you for your help, this is the output :

there is way to debug this ? some error log somewhere or else ?

it would be helpfull if people that are using the same version can tell if they are encountring this problem or not.

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault                        0.5.39                       Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-autoshutdown           0.5.19                       OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin
    ii  openmediavault-clamav                 0.5.9                        OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                0.2                          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-lvm2                   0.5.5                        OpenMediaVault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-minidlna               0.5.9                        OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg           0.6.11                       OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-processlist            0.5.6                        OpenMediaVault process list panel
    ii  openmediavault-usbbackup              0.5.8                        OpenMediaVault USB backup plugin
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Fixed in http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/932. Note, this is exactly the reason why OMV only supports Debian Squeeze at the moment. The command output vary from version to version which makes it really painful to maintain additional software version. This fix is a concession because i'm porting OMV to Debian Wheezy at the moment which makes it easy to backport the changes to OMV 0.5,

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not sure were 5.4 came from on my machine. I assume it may have come from updates. Anyway here is the output from a device on an hp p400 controler /dev/cciss/c0d1 . I applied the patch and see data for drives connected to the onboard controler. I don't see much for the hp controler. I am wondering if it might have to do with this line.
    "[GLTSD (Global Logging Target Save Disable) set. Enable Save with '-S on']"
    Is that a setting from OMV? If so how could it be changed? It may just be things don't support this controler, thats ok too.

• thank you very much. I applied the patch and everything is fine now. by the way I'm using debian squeeze but with backport smarttools :

Code
    uname -a
    Linux home 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1~bpo60+1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Code
    cat /etc/debian_version
    • Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "donh"

I am not sure were 5.4 came from on my machine. I assume it may have come from updates. Anyway here is the output from a device on an hp p400 controler /dev/cciss/c0d1 . I applied the patch and see data for drives connected to the onboard controler. I don't see much for the hp controler. I am wondering if it might have to do with this line.
    "[GLTSD (Global Logging Target Save Disable) set. Enable Save with '-S on']"
    Is that a setting from OMV? If so how could it be changed? It may just be things don't support this controler, thats ok too.

No, such setting does not come from OMV. Maybe you can give it a try.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume this is detected and the right config file. Looks like it is set to "-S on". So I am wondering why it reports off? Or am I not looking at the right file? Thoughts?

Man page

Code
    -S VALUE, --saveauto=VALUE
        [ATA] Enables or disables SMART autosave of device vendor-specific Attributes. The valid arguments to this option are on and off. Note that this feature is preserved across disk power cycles, so you should only need to issue it once.

The ATA standard does not specify a method to check whether SMART autosave is enabled. Unlike SCSI (below), smartctl is unable to print a warning if autosave is disabled.

[SCSI] For SCSI devices this toggles the value of the Global Logging Target Save Disabled (GLTSD) bit in the Control Mode Page. Some disk manufacturers set this bit by default. This prevents error counters, power-up hours and other useful data from being placed in non-volatile storage, so these values may be reset to zero the next time the device is power-cycled. If the GLTSD bit is set then 'smartctl -a' will issue a warning. Use on to clear the GLTSD bit and thus enable saving counters to non-volatile storage. For extreme streaming-video type applications you might consider using off to set the GLTSD bit.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!