Quesition on setting up Duplicati

• Hello all, I have been looking at Macom's [How-To] Install Duplicati container using OMV and docker-compose (CLI or Portainer)

I am alerady backing up the OMV OS, and I wanted a way to backup up all items on my raid. ( Movies, Music, TV Shows, Configs, etc )

I have made my docker compose file, but have no clue on what to do with the last 2 lines before the "Ports" section. (Lines 18 and 19) I have read it many times, I just can't figure it out.

Any help or suggestions would be great! My man goal is to back up everything on my raid to another stand alone drive.

• Offizieller Beitrag

/source and /backup are two folders the container is defining by default. You can either use them and point them to your source/backup or you don't use them. In that case the guide suggests to just point them to a dummy folder.

Duplicati is creating versioned, de-duplicated and encrypted backups. Is that what you want/need? For backup to a stand alone drive maybe rsync or rsnapshot would be sufficient.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I tried rsync, it just seemed to dump everything into one folder. Maybe I am doing it wrong, or that's just what it does.

rsync creates the folder structure and copies the files in the folders. Maybe post a screenshot of your settings of the rsync job.

I use Duplicati for backup to the cloud. I want my files encrypted and de-duplicated. That is why I use Duplicati. Locally I use rsync and rsnapshot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!