Something went wrong trying to pull and start portainer on OMV 6

• Offizieller Beitrag

same for me.Update OMV6 broke my portainer,

Read the linked thread from above. No need to install auditd.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

I have a similar issue (should I make a separated thread for it?)

After installing docker upgrade, portainer refused to start properly (nothing show is webui despite the fact omv say portainer is running)

When I made a docker container logs portainer

it's say:

Code
    2023/02/06 10:18PM INF github.com/portainer/portainer/api/cmd/portainer/main.go:530 > encryption key file not present | filename=portainer
    2023/02/06 10:18PM INF github.com/portainer/portainer/api/cmd/portainer/main.go:549 > proceeding without encryption key |
    2023/02/06 10:18PM INF github.com/portainer/portainer/api/database/boltdb/db.go:124 > loading PortainerDB | filename=portainer.db
    2023/02/06 22:18:55 server: Reverse tunnelling enabled
    2023/02/06 22:18:55 server: Fingerprint 8d:8e:ea:a3:f4:f6:58:36:ff:b8:77:59:33:32:a0:f8
    2023/02/06 22:18:55 server: Listening on 0.0.0.0:8000...
    2023/02/06 10:18PM FTL github.com/portainer/portainer/api/cmd/portainer/main.go:704 > failed starting tunnel server | error="listen tcp 0.0.0.0:8000: socket: permission denied"

As I understand something change in docker configuration and portainer can't access anymore to /var/run/docker.sock

I have intall apparmor apparmor-utils auditd (as suggested in this thread), but this does work for me.

But, if I run portainer with --privileged it work! But now i have to add this option to every containers (witch a don't want to do)

Any idea to solved my pb?

Thx for your help

PS:

I'm on 6.2.0-2 (Shaitan), Kernel Linux 6.1.6-1-pve, OMV-Extra

• News:

-the pb seem to touch only container with binding port (ex hello-word is not affected)

-the fact that containers run with --privileged tell me that there is something new in docker config witch prevent it to allow port binding (maybe something in security options ?)

• Out of nothing I had the same issues after updating to the newest OMV and docker version via OMV update. I had to:

1. Remove docker

2. Remove portainer

3. apt-clean in OMX extras settings

4. reboot

5. apt install apparmor apparmor-utils

6. install docker

7. install portainer

Then, the portainer/docker combo worked again.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Thank you thank you!! This worked perfectly for me

• I am in the process of building a new OMV box, and encountered this issue after installing Docker. The instructions above fixed the issue with Docker, but now the plugins like Wetty are not working.

I found the error message below in the syslog when trying to launch Wetty:

kernel: [ 3346.974330] audit: type=1400 audit(1676313160.548:5889): apparmor="DENIED" operation="create" profile="containers-default-0.33.4" pid=136706 comm="node" family="netlink" sock_type="raw" protocol=0 requested_mask="create" denied_mask="create"ck_type="raw" protocol=0 requested_mask="create" denied_mask="create"

It certainly seems like Apparmor is causing the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Primary NAS: Intel Core i5-10400, 128 GB RAM, 128 Boot SSD, 4x1TB SDD ZFS Pool, 5x8TB ZFS Pool, OMV 6, Proxmox kernel

• Hi there,

aah, that is not what one intends with a fix of another problem...

However, you may want to try this:

1. Remove docker

2. Remove portainer

3. apt-clean in OMV extras settings

4. reboot

5. apt purge apparmor apparmor-utils

5. reboot

6. Apply this fix in the grub conf.: RE: docker not working since omv-upgrade

7. reboot

8. install docker

9. install portainer

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Thanks! the grub fix in step 6 is what got it working again for me! Thanks.

Primary NAS: Intel Core i5-10400, 128 GB RAM, 128 Boot SSD, 4x1TB SDD ZFS Pool, 5x8TB ZFS Pool, OMV 6, Proxmox kernel

• Hello (I am French with deplorable English so the following is a google translation)

new in the place, I've been going around in circles for a while with this Portainer installation problem and thanks to this solution, it works, but how difficult is it to find this information.

Anyway thank you

• *** This is for amd64 and i386 only ***

Here is the solution to disable apparmor on the system and it worked on my test system (not harmful since apparmor package is not installed):

Code
    sudo mkdir -p /etc/default/grub.d
    echo 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT apparmor=0"' | sudo tee /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

Taken from: https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor/HowToUse#Disable_AppArmor

Following those steps posted from ryecoaaron above (thank you btw) i confirm it worked for me on OMV5 amd64.

Odroid-HC4, Debian Buster, OMV 5.x, Docker, Portainer, Syncthing, Nextcloud

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 (intel i5-4570, 8GB ram) OMV 5.x, Docker, Portainer, OpenVPN, Nginx proxy manager, Nextcloud, Owncloud, Vaultwarden, Filebrowser, Photoshow, Wireguard

• Offizieller Beitrag

I recommend upgrading to OMV 6.x since OMV 5.x is EOL.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have yet to update, but I'm reticent to because of this bug.

What bug? Disabling apparmor at the kernel level in grub avoids the need for apparmor_parser. And this really has nothing to do with OMV version. It affects OMV 5.x and 6.x the same.

Prior to upgrade, then hopefully that would prevent the issue on restart?

I wouldn't.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!