Installed a stack w/ 10+ containers, but only RADARR failed, what went wrong? How to proceed or fix?

• stack - https://gist.github.com/dnburgess/e00fc05a567f278828ff72b3e35ed3cc

I'm following along a youtube vide DB Tech made and is using the above stack. The only changes I made was I chose to install my Docker onto a different partition, and obviously the drives/paths. All other containers work just fine, only Radarr didn't install. Being a docker/portainer noob, how do I troubleshoot this? Where can I view portainer logs. I'm away from my server, but I think there was an image in there. Worst case can I delete any radarr references and install radarr fresh? if so, how do I do that, lol, sorry.

I get this error when viewing the stack, not sure if related:

This stack was created outside of Portainer. Control over this stack is limited.

• In Portainer look at the list of containers, find radarr, immediately to the right of the State icon is the Logs icon. Click it.

If there is no radarr container, that's more difficult to diagnose. I didn't see any obvious error in the stack.

The log viewer within Portainer is marginal, IMHO. I look at docker logs with Dozzle. I suggest installing the Dozzle docker and using it.

I can't comment about the "created outside of Portaner" message. I almost never use Portainer to deploy container.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Radarr is not in the list of containers. If I go to images, I see it listed with "unused"

Unused means it never deployed or it was replaced by one that is being used.

Try changing the image name in the stack to lscr.io/linuxserver/radarr and redeploy it.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You are talking about the 2nd line below in the stack right, thats what it needs to be? Sorry, help me figure out, how do I redeploy only radarr? Add stack w/ only the radarr text? But what if I want it attached/together with the existing stack? If I re-deploy the entire thing w/ updated radarr text, would my existing configurations to emby, sonarr, etc be lost?

radarr:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/radarr
    container_name: radarr
  • In Portainer edit the stack.

Change this line from:

image: linuxserver/radarr

Change it to:

image: lscr.io/linuxserver/radarr

Then update the stack.

Other than that I have no other suggestions.

--

• I did not have the option to edit, because:

This stack was created outside of Portainer. Control over this stack is limited.

I decided to nuke what I had. uninstall Portainer, uninstall docker, reboot machine, install docker, install portainer, re-deploy stack - Now I see radarr, and I also have "full control"! I just did this, only 5 mins in, time to go back in and reconfigure a few things (luckily this is a new build anyways)

idk weird, I looked @ my txt/file, and there was an extra space in 2 separate locations, my only idea at what caused all this to begin with

• The formatting of the yaml file you use in stacks or docker compose is not forgiving, especially the indentations.

--

• YAML is a serialization language useful for writing things like configuration files.

--

• The Portainer message is exactly what is says: Portainer can only manage stacks, which are created from inside Portainer. If you have the docker-compose.yml file created outside of Portainer, you have to change it where you stored it.

If you want to manage the stack from inside Portainer (Portainer stacks are just docker-compose files managed by Portainer):

• Go to the directory where your docker-compose.yml file is
    • stop the complete stack: docker-compose down
    • copy the contents of the docker-compose.yml into a new Portainer stack.
    • Check for relativ pathes in the stack definition and change them to absolut pathes
    • click Update/start the container

Now you can manage this stack from inside Portainer.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• stevedawg85

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!