RAID and disks are missing

• Hello everyone,

some months ago when I powered off my NAS, the RAID disappeared but after a reboot it appeared again.

Some weeks ago I powered off the NAS and had the same problem, but after two or three reboot I rewiewed the RAID.

Now I'm trying several time to power off or reboot the NAS but RAID is always missing.

So I connected the NAS to a monitor to see booting process, this is what it show:

These are my infos system:

OMV V 4.1.30-1 (Arrakis)

CPU: Intel Celeron CPU J3455

Motherboard: ASRock J3455-ITX

RAID 5 with three disks WD Red

Thanks in advance who can help me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your image is not helpful, until you can login either via ssh or with a keyboard attached and your screen and login on the server there is nothing that can be done.

The array is probably inactive and is the cause of it not displaying in the GUI.

• Ok, at fisrt I'll try replacing the sata cables, then the motherboard (I have another one). If I don't solve it I will do a SMART test of the disks to see if they are dead.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Have happy holidays.

• Problem Solved!

I have a hardware problem with the SATA ports (the second line, SATA3_A1 and SATA3_A2), so I bought a PCI-Express card with two SATA3 ports and after a first auto reboot to recognize the new component from the motherboard, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

Regards.

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Hello

I had a similar issue with my NAS based on a J3455 motherboard with 4go of regular DDR3 ram.

I tried a lot of things but nothing fixed the problem.

I recently upgraded the RAM for a set of 2x8Go DDR3L low-profile optimized to run with 1.35v and well supported by the J3455.. and since then everything works fine!

It solved my issue.

I thinks most of the time it is link to power consumption.

I hope this will help!

OMV 6.x | Intel Celeron J3455 | 16Go RAM | USB2 32Go | HDD 3x4TO

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!