Mapping a volume

• Hi everyone,

I am running OMV on a Raspberry Pi 4. The NAS kit I bought allows me to connect four SSD drives over the USB3 bus. This is all set up and working, and I can explore my mounted filesystems.

I am also using Docker, which is set up and working nicely. I would like to use these SSDs as a volume for my docker containers. Since I updated OMV, the paths to these mounted drives include the uuid and are very long. For example, take the following docker volume mapping:

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a5653b48-c130-468c-b43e-20999d955fde/example:/example

Is there a better way of specifying the full path to the mounted volume? Unfortunately symlinks do not play nicely with Docker. Thanks.

• Symlinks in host side docker volume binds work fine here. Do the links work properly otherwise? Give an example or two of the links that are not working.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Symlinks in host side docker volume binds work fine here. Do the links work properly otherwise? Give an example or two of the links that are not working.

You are quite correct. Symlinks on the host side work fine. My problem was that I was trying to use the home directory shortcut ~ instead of specifying the full path to symlink in the volume config :)

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!