latest omv update problems

• docker pull portainer/portianer-ce from the cli

Are you behind CGNAT? In recent times people are hitting the docker rate limit.

Edit: Too late, macom was first.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• if these are the latest logs, you need to go back to the point when you tried to install portainer. You can also download the file so that you can search locally with notepad++ or notepad.

I cleared the log, retried to install portainer, got the same error, downloaded the log file - and it's attached, but I cannot find "portainer" anywhere, and I do not see an error....

• Did you mess with the docker lockation:

Code
    "failed to get endpoint_count map for scope local: open /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3E5E-50EC/docker/network/files/local-kv.db: no such file or directory"

Post output of: ls -l srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3E5E-50EC/docker/network/files/local-kv.db

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Did you mess with the docker lockation:

Code
    "failed to get endpoint_count map for scope local: open /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3E5E-50EC/docker/network/files/local-kv.db: no such file or directory"

Post output of: ls -l srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3E5E-50EC/docker/network/files/local-kv.db

ls: cannot access 'srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3E5E-50EC/docker/network/files/local-kv.db': No such file or directory

• ls /var/lib/docker please and

ls -l /var/lib/docker/network/files/local-kv.db

• You somehow got the wrong order of steps. You have part of docker in /var/lib/docker and in the new location.

can you tell me

• what you did with docker and the directory in more detail and
    • if it's worth cleaning up or start anew.

For starting new, tell me, how you defined your containers and we can try to solve that.

• You somehow got the wrong order of steps. You have part of docker in /var/lib/docker and in the new location.

can you tell me

• what you did with docker and the directory in more detail and
    • if it's worth cleaning up or start anew.

For starting new, tell me, how you defined your containers and we can try to solve that.

I followed the following steps exactly...

2. Create symlinks /SSD and /DATA

• In the OMV GUI go to System> Plugins> look for the openmediavault-symlinks plugin, select it and click Install in the top menu.
    • Go to Storage> File system>, open the column Mount point and press the button to copy the mount point of the SSD disk to the clipboard. (or look at the first figures).
    • Go to Services> Symlinks> click on + Create.
    • In the source field, copy the mounting path of the SSD disk from the clipboard (or find the path in the tree). In the Destination field write /SSD and press save.
    • Repeat the process to create the /DATA symlink. The path is found in Storage> Shared folders>

3. Create folders for Docker files.

• Open a terminal in putty with the root user and type:

sudo mkdir /SSD/docker

sudo mkdir -m 770 /SSD/config

sudo chgrp users /SSD/config

4. Define the default location for docker PROGRAM files. Install Docker and Portainer.

• In the OMV GUI, go to System> OMV-Extras> Docker> and in the Docker storage field replace the value with the path of the docker folder. A symlink like /SSD/docker won't work here. Example: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-861acf8c-761a-4b60-9123-3aa98d445f72/docker
    • Install Docker: In the lower menu click Install.
    • Install Portainer: In System> OMV-Extras> Portainer> click install in the lower menu.
  • Did you have docker installed before step 4? It looks like so.

Shall we remove all of docker and restart or try to repair?

and post the output of:

ls /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3E5E-50EC/docker

• Did you have docker installed before step 4? It looks like so.

Sall we remove all of docker and restart or try to repair?

I do not see how I had Docker installed before step 4. I never selected the install until the 2nd bullet of Step 4. Nonetheless, I think it better to remove everything and start from fresh. What steps should I follow to do that?

• OK, we will do it step by step, just follow and show me the output.

Open the OMV Web-UI,

go to OMV Extras / Docker

uninstall docker

on the cli systemctl stop docker (shoud give an error message)

then cd /var/lib/docker and ls -lah

• What next?

• Code
    sudo cd /var/lib/docker
    sudo rm -rf *
    sudo cd ..
    sudo rmdir docker

One after the other and take care with the delete command. This will delete everything in this diretory

• I do not see how I had Docker installed before step 4. I never selected the install until the 2nd bullet of Step 4. Nonetheless, I think it better to remove everything and start from fresh. What steps should I follow to do that?

One questions aside: Is there the possibilty that you did not hit save after you put in the path to the new docker storage location?

chente Could you take a look at this and eventually change the guide? Docker was definitly installed in /var/lib/docker before (parts of it) ended in the new location.

• Code
    sudo cd /var/lib/docker
    sudo rm -rf *
    sudo cd ..
    sudo rmdir docker

One after the other and take care with the delete command. This will delete everything in this diretory

Ok, files and directory are gone - as output from following "ls" indicates:

BTW, the symlinks are still in the root directory:

What next?

• sudo cd /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3E5E-50EC/docker

sudo ls -lah

• sudo rm -rf *

cd ..

Now all docker install files should be gone. Need to do a quick check of the guide, because i think the DATA symlinks are not correct. Both point to the same directory.

• Do you have one seperate drive for the docker stuff or are you using a data disk?

if the later, make sure it is not a mergerfs / snapraid

• sudo rm -rf *

cd ..

Now all docker install files should be gone. Need to do a quick check of the guide, because i think the DATA symlinks are not correct. Both point to the same directory.

I have a problem... I am not able to remove the docker files in the mounted directory:

How can I get rid of those directories/files?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!