[DEV] How to add a widget to the dashboard menu?

• Hi,

I'm trying to add a panel to the dashboard, but I cannot add a new item to the "Add" button.
    By searching the code, I have found the file Dashboard.js, which get the registered dashboard...

So the question is... Where do I register the dashboard widget ?

Thx

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• Click the dented wheel (Top-Right) and select whatever you want.

Press Save and Bob's your uncle.

• Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

First, I'm with OMV v5, not v6.

Next, I'm searching to add a widget that doesn't exist, aka I'm creating it ;)

The thing I'm talking about is there, in the red zone ;)

Thanks

ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

• Ahh, now I understood, ;)

Open a "feature request" on github to what you want, votdev will see it faster:

Issues · openmediavault/openmediavault (github.com)

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV5 is practically already EOL, i do not maintain it anymore (except patches for migration or security issues). Please use OMV6 instead. For developing plugins please have a look at https://openmediavault.readthe…/development/plugins.html and use the source code as reference.

Please note, you can not add custom dashboard widgets, you NEED to use the existing templates because EVERYTHING in the new UI can only be customized via declarative code (JSON/YAML).

• only for curiosity, what show your widget?, is usefull for other users?

I'm going to add a temperature widget (I got them with IPMI and a collectd specific configuration), better than the one line that I've added in the System Info one. (see screenshot)
    The fact is that the files I have modified to add this line will be overide each time a new version of OMV goes live.

Buy adding a widget panel, this will not append ;)

• OMV5 is practically already EOL, i do not maintain it anymore (except patches for migration or security issues). Please use OMV6 instead. For developing plugins please have a look at https://openmediavault.readthe…/development/plugins.html and use the source code as reference.

Yeah... I know... and I would really like to, but I've done so much specific conf (collectd, IPMI, WebUI, etc...) on my NAS that it would be very long to restart from OMV6 at the moment, so I'm trying to add what I can to my need.

I reading the code since several months for my needs, but it's still a hard step even if I was a dev guy 15 years ago ;)
    I'm asking help only when I'm really stuck after several hours.

• Have a look here.

Thanks votdev, that's where I was addind my src files

But nothing more in the "add" button. It seems that my widget is not "registered".

votdev Maybe I need to restart something ?

EDIT:
    - I have already restarted the openmediavault-engined and the nginx services.
    - My files are in the caches directory