Transmission Bittorrent plugin missing for OMV4 Arrakis

• Hi folks,

I experienced some problems with the Transmission bittorent plugin running on Arrakis 4.1.36-1 (torrents would stay 'red' for a long time and never actually start downloading), and after some restarts and reading I decided to reinstall the plugin to resolve it.

However after uninstalling it the plugin is no longer visible (or maybe even available) for reinstall. Why is this? I would like to avoid a Docker-based solution, as the plugin has been working satisfactorly for several years until now. I have the omv-extras repo activated if that is any help.

Grateful for pointers/Evert

• OMV4 is long out-of-support, I'd recommend an upgrade to at least v5 (better 6)

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• OMV 4 is end of life. This can make the availability of Debian updates difficult and the availability of OMV plugins impossible. It's just no longer supported, period.

Start thinking about not avoiding docker. The number of OMV plugins gets smaller with each new release and dockers are the suggested way to replace plugins that have been deprecated and never to return.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!