openmediavault-firewall.service fails after 4to5 upgrade

• Hello,

upgrade script ran up to reboot advise, reboot succeeded, but...

- applying changes in webgui fails
    - sudo systemctl list-units --failed shows 6 services failed

Code
    root@evpOMV:/# sudo systemctl list-units --failed
    UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
    ● ifup@eth0.service loaded failed failed ifup for eth0
    ● networking.service loaded failed failed Raise network interfaces
    ● openmediavault-firewall.service loaded failed failed openmediavault iptables f
    ● systemd-modules-load.service loaded failed failed Load Kernel Modules
    ● watchdog.service loaded failed failed watchdog daemon
    ● wd_keepalive.service loaded failed failed watchdog keepalive daemon

- and output of "systemctl status openmediavault-firewall.service" shows probs with iptables

How can i solve this issue?

Thanx for help in advance!

OMV 6.5.0-3 | RPi 2 Mod.B V1.1 | Sandisk Extreme Pro microSD 32 GB | 3x WD7500BEKT
    OMV 6.5.0-3 | RPi 3 Mod.B | Sandisk Extreme Pro microSD 32 GB 4 | SSD 320gb

• Probably you should first check, why network is not working or what kernel mudules are missing before checking openmediavaualt-firewall.

what is the status of the other failed unit and why?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Probably you should first check, why network is not working or what kernel mudules are missing before checking openmediavaualt-firewall.

what is the status of the other failed unit and why?

Sure, but i don't know how. Still a beginner with Linux and OMV...

I didn't realized network not to be working. Apt-get-update & apt-get upgrade are ok...

OMV 6.5.0-3 | RPi 2 Mod.B V1.1 | Sandisk Extreme Pro microSD 32 GB | 3x WD7500BEKT

• OMV 6.5.0-3 | RPi 2 Mod.B V1.1 | Sandisk Extreme Pro microSD 32 GB | 3x WD7500BEKT

• OK, maybe I was to terse.

systemctl is the program to control system services.

systemctl start <service_name> will try to start the service

systemctl status <service_name> will give the status of the service (and somtimes adice where else to look)

systemctl stop <service_name> will stop a given service.

No try to start the failed services (from above) and post their status / error messages on by one.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• ok, i start with this one...

• no3...

• no.4

• no.5

• .. and the last one:

• Have ypu configured your network?

Ipv4 ist DHCP, Ipv6 is deactivated. Else just dns-server...

Changed that now temporarily, triggered by your question, to 1.1.1.1... but change won't be accepted

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von KlausR ()

• Your kernel is missing modules:

- softdog

- mv_cesa

What OS are you running?

and an ip -a to list the network devices. looks like eth0 is not present. Debina changed naming conventions for network devices some time ago.

• Hey, that's surprising. All i did was starting upgrade script from an worling omv4..

System greeting is:

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.27 experimental Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) 4.9.35-v7+

Linux evpOMV 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l

ip -a gives this output

Thanx a lot, Zoki

• I meant ip a, no dash.

But you will have to find someone who knowa armbian, I don't.

• ip a...

But you will have to find someone who knowa armbian, I don't.

That's a pity. But i remember, Armbian was part of my first OMV image. Could you give me a hint which omv-forum i should use for armbian questions?

• This forum is the right one, it is only me, who is clueless

macom, ryecoaaron can you help with armbian not updatin properly from omv4 to omv5.

Missing modules

- softdog

- mv_cesa

and ifup eth0 fails

• Offizieller Beitrag

can you help with armbian not updatin properly from omv4 to omv5.

I actually have done very few release upgrades on armbian because I have run into kernel issues and other problems. I normally write a new image and configure OMV again.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!