FileBrowser not accessible

• The only one i tried before whas the filebrowser plugin. With exact same behaviour. Removed that, but didn't help

xtdriver You did not tell us what plugins you have installed beside PhotoPrism. I've installed and running all plugins without problems. So maybe additinal plugins might corrupt your setup.

• The only one i tried before whas the filebrowser plugin. With exact same behaviour. Removed that, but didn't help

Sorry, must correct myself. This was the only one i tried with a separate GUI.

Other ones I have installed are openmediavault-forkeddaapd 6.0-5, openmediavault-omvextrasorg 6.0.8 and openmediavault-usbbackup 6.0-10, which are working fine.

Running calibre-web via portainer is also working fine.

• Try to create and use a new shared folder for the Application Data. This will force the recreation of the database which is sometimes responsible for the problems.

Tried that now (by name, by IP), was still not showing.

Have now triggered a new Install of docker and portainer, and voila, Photoprism is just opening its webpage.

Thank you all for your engagement!!!

Filebrowser is still not showing up. Here is the log from podman:

Code
    podman logs filebrowser
    2022/04/27 20:11:17 Using config file: /.filebrowser.json
    2022/04/27 20:11:17 Listening on [::]:3670

Don't know if this is correct...

• Same problem Filebrowser is not accessible. Tried to reinstall couple of times.

Logs are the same:

Code
    root@omv:~# podman logs filebrowser-app
    2022/05/12 08:03:20 Using config file: /.filebrowser.json
    2022/05/12 08:03:20 Listening on [::]:8080
  • goliath:

So did you try to uninstall Docker first? Then Photoprism and Filebrowser should start working again. It did for me.

OMV developers need to reconcile having both Podman and Docker containers running or go with just one or the other container runtime.

Photoprism and Filebrowser could be installed in Docker too.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV developers need to reconcile having both Podman and Docker containers running or go with just one or the other container runtime.

:?: I have docker with portainer and deployed filebrowser without issue, so is docker interfering with podman, certainly not

• So did you try to uninstall Docker first? Then Photoprism and Filebrowser should start working again. It did for me.

Photoprism and Filebrowser could be installed in Docker too.

You've been pushing this in all posts you made so far but you don't show any evidence of what you're saying.

Care to show "proof-of-concept" that podman apps only work IF you uninstall docker?

• saivert

And since I have a hard time letting go, here's what I just did a few moments ago:

Case Scenario:

OMV6 amd64 running on a VM that was previously updated from OMV5 via omv-release-upgrade

The VM is very low on specs: 1xCPU with 2Gb RAM and only 1x16Gb disk for OS and everything else (Shared Folders, Docker Root, etc)

Docker running Portainer, lychee && mariaDB.

The steps are simple:

Install the plugin

Create a Shared Folder for it (I named mine "file_browser_root"

Configure the Service to point to that folder, mark the "Enable" box and click "Save"

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT until it deploys.

Acept the changes on the Yellow Banner.

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT until it deploys.

REBOOT

Go to FileBrowser Service and click "Open Web"

Login with admin:admin and be sure to change the password.

• There are no issues running portainer in parallel to docker on my pi4.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hi all, new OMV user here...

I've got exactly the same problem with Filebrowser as described above. Plugin installed fine but cannot access, it just times out.

Running OMV 6.0.27-1, FileBrowser plugin 6.0.1-1 with docker and portainer running fine.

Below is relevant output:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>podman logs filebrowser-app

2022/05/17 22:24:36 Using config file: /.filebrowser.json

2022/05/17 22:24:36 Listening on [::]:8080

>sudo podman ps -a

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES

434a73398d41 k8s.gcr.io/pause:3.2 24 seconds ago Up 24 seconds ago 0.0.0.0:3672->8080/tcp 58075207e88a-infra

366dcf203952 docker.io/filebrowser/filebrowser:latest 23 seconds ago Up 23 seconds ago 0.0.0.0:3672->8080/tcp filebrowser-app

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously this was right after enabling it again. I've tried enable/disable, uninstall/install. Installed dbus-user-session and uidmap to get rid of the error when running 'podman info' command.

All working fine except for this filebrowser issue. It was working prior to the system update. I have clonezilla backups and if i go to my last (before the last system update) the filebrowser works ok.

Would appreciate any hints where i can look.

thanks.

• Hello, I've got similar issue. I installed docker + portainer + wireguard. Everything was worked from local and from internet by vpn (filebrowser, SMB etc), after that I reboot system. After reboot filebrowser stop working locally. I noticed when I turn off docker I can access filebrowser from all devices in network. Is there some kind of setting which may cause this issue? OMV 6.0.40-2 (Shaitan), Docker 5:20.10.18~3-0~debian-bullseye, filebrowser 6.0.3-1

• Hello I have a problem, after the update of the OMV system the filebrowser plugin is not accessible anymore ???

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it without success.

Is there a solution to this problem ?

OMV6.0.41-1 with duckdns portainer and FileBrowser 6.0.3.1 plugin

PS: The FileBrowser 6.0.2.1 plugin was working fine before

• Thanks alexlive for your answer. +1

On my side I have formatted and reinstalled all omv6. And it's always the same at home.

What order did you do it in?

In my opinion there is a problem of network configuration of the FILEBROWSER plugin.

But I'm not a coder or programmer so I'm stuck.

I sent a mail to the developer of the plugin but I have in my opinion no hope of response.

All connections to the web interface of my config are in https autosigned.

All are working except the Filebrowser plugin.

Config system

SYSTEM:

Version

6.0.41-1 (Shaitan)

Processor

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 460 Processor

Kernel

Linux 5.18.0-0.deb11.4-amd64

Docker

5:20.10.18~3-0~debian-bullseye

Portainer

Duckdns

org.opencontainers.image.url https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-duckdns/packages

org.opencontainers.image.vendor linuxserver.io

org.opencontainers.image.version f1b5fc66-ls111

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!