• I'm not familiar with webdav, but is it possible because the webUI is running on port 80 and it's causing a conflict? Try changing the port the omv webUI uses to something other than 80 (I believe it's under General)... then you'd access OMV at ip:port

Edit: Nevermind, reading up at earlier posts that have it working, I'm not sure that's the issue.

Thank you. I did this, but it didn't achieve the desired effect.

How to change the webdav port? I think this may be more conducive to solving the problem.

• How to change the webdav port?

The port KM0201 is refering is the one of OMV.

You can change it on GUI to something other than 80. (if you haven't already)

ryecoaaron

I believe I spotted a typo on the code:

openmediavault-webdav/postrm at master · OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-webdav (github.com)

The code has: OMV_WEBDAV_ALLOW_CONF="/etc/openmediavault-webdev.group.allow"

And shouldn't it be: OMV_WEBDAV_ALLOW_CONF="/etc/openmediavault-webdav.group.allow"

• The port KM0201 is refering is the one of OMV.

You can change it on GUI to something other than 80. (if you haven't already)

I may not have made it clear that I changed the OMV port, but this did not achieve the desired effect. Therefore, I want to change the webdav port, but the webdav plug-in itself does not provide this function.

• I may not have made it clear that I changed the OMV port, but this did not achieve the desired effect. Therefore, I want to change the webdav port, but the webdav plug-in itself does not provide this function.

Sorry, TL;DR

AFAIK, WebDAV runs on http, hence port 80.

Zitat

What advantages does the WebDAV protocol offer?

Since WebDAV uses HTTP, it also uses HTTP standard port 80 for the transmission, which is not usually blocked by firewalls. With alternate transfer methods such as FTP or SSH, additional ports often require authorization in the firewall settings. This is not only associated with an increased configuration effort, but also entails additional security risks. When transmitting via WebDAV, however, data security is not endangered by such problems. As the additional setup effort is otherwise omitted, (especially as a WebDAV server can be easily integrated within an existing HTTP server) system administrators also save a lot of time and effort.

The http//:ip:80/webdav is actually connected to the/omv/webdav directory. How can I directly connect to the "/omv" directory?

Ok, if read this code correct, this is by design:

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ebdav/default.sls#L27-L29

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ebdav/default.sls#L34-L39

Since I'm no coder, don't know if it's possible to change Line #38 from this:

location /webdav {

To this:

location / {

And Line #29 from this:

- name: "{{ sfpath }}/webdav"

To this:

- name: "{{ sfpath }}/"

ryecoaaron

Does this makes any sense? Or is it even a proper approach?

Sorry, should have read first the WHOLE THREAD.

This is a "location" on teh NginX Server.

Messing with this is messing with the OMV root location.

• Since I'm no coder, don't know if it's possible to change Line #38 from this:

location /webdav {

To this:

location / {

Please note that should not do this again. This operation did not achieve the expected effect and caused serious problems.

The startup and shutdown of the webdav plug-in will report an error. After the uninstalled plug-in is restarted, the system cannot be started normally. The problem seems to be the modification of 38 lines, which affects the nginx settings of the omv itself. Now I'm trying to repair the system.

• Please note that should not do this again. This operation did not achieve the expected effect and caused serious problems.

And WHY did you follow something that I mentioned wasn't sure of it????

I will scratch the post I did but, really????

The problem seems to be the modification of 38 lines, which affects the nginx settings of the omv itself. Now I'm trying to repair the system.

And what file did you edited?

• And what file did you edited?

Sorry, what I said may not be accurate. After deleting the "webdav" in Line # 29,38, I opened the plug-in and reported the above error(The information is too long,What I sent is not complete). It seems that the above operations affect the nginx used by the omv webui. After the device is restarted, the system does have problems.

• After deleting the "webdav" in Line # 29,38

It seems that the above operations affect the nginx used by the omv webui. After the device is restarted, the system does have problems.

And you still didn't answer my question: what file did you edit?

The file I mentioned default.sls is located under:

Code
    root@omv6teste:/srv/salt/omv/deploy/webdav# ls -al
    total 16
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov 27 10:55 .
    drwxr-xr-x 46 root root 4096 Nov 27 09:41 ..
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 2824 Nov  6 18:50 default.sls
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  891 Nov  6 18:50 init.sls
    root@omv6teste:/srv/salt/omv/deploy/webdav#

If you ONLY edited that file, undo the changes to it and run

omv-salt deploy run webdav

After that, systemctl restart nginx.service and your system will be in it's prior state.

But if you did anything else different, than you need to EXPLAIN step-by-step what you did.

And, PLEASE, next time you see some instructions starting by:

Since I'm no coder, don't know if it's possible to change.....

Don't go blindingly follow what is said.

• And you still didn't answer my question: what file did you edit?

I edited /srv/salt/omv/deploy/webdav/default.sls

I didn't find any other default.sls.

If you ONLY edited that file, undo the changes to it and run

omv-salt deploy run webdav

After that, systemctl restart nginx.service and your system will be in it's prior state.

I didn't do any other operations. Thank you for the methods you provided, but unfortunately, I can't do these operations now.

It seems that I am very unlucky today. I have just experienced a rare power failure. After starting up, the equipment has a new problem, which should have nothing to do with the above problems.

7574529fe85e453443be4b76885eabe.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't be editing saltstack or nginx config files that are maintained by saltstack. If you need something other than how the webdav plugin works, you should use webdav in docker.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You shouldn't be editing saltstack or nginx config files that are maintained by saltstack. If you need something other than how the webdav plugin works, you should use webdav in docker.

7574529fe85e453443be4b76885eabe.jpg

Yes, I regret a little now. Do you have any solutions to the new problem (the information in the picture is stopped on this page during startup)?

• 7574529fe85e453443be4b76885eabe.jpg

Yes, I regret a little now. Do you have any solutions to the new problem (the information in the picture is stopped on this page during startup)?

If you google that error, it seems it has been going for a long time and can be ignored.

Don't know what hardware you're using but maybe your MB manufacturer has an update for the BIOS to sort this.

The main question is: are you able to boot the OS or not?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!