After fresh install of OMV 5 changing UI password doesn't work

• Just installed OMV 5 with the latest ISO (5.6.13-amd64.iso) from the website and after the installation it is not possible to change the UI password.

While trying to apply the new password the following error appears: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

It doesn't matter if all the available updates are being applied or not.

Installing OMV 6 is not an option because HDD spindown doesn't work. Pretty frustrating situation since OMV 4 worked flawlessly but Debian Stretch reached EOL. :(

• Would be great if this bug would be fixed until OMV 5 reaches EOL. I can confirm that it is possible to change the UI password through omv-firstaid but not through the UI itself which leads to the following error: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would be great if this bug would be fixed until OMV 5 reaches EOL. I can confirm that it is possible to change the UI password through omv-firstaid but not through the UI itself which leads to the following error: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

Hmm, I changed my password on OMV 5 using the webUI (a long time ago).

Not sure what changed that is causing that issue.. but I would not anticipate it being fixed.

• Hmm, I changed my password on OMV 5 using the webUI (a long time ago).

Not sure what changed that is causing that issue.. but I would not anticipate it being fixed.

Probably at some point it got broken and haven't been spotted yet since fresh OMV 5.x installations should be quite rare nowadays and most likely nobody changes the password later on after they did it once back in the day.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!