OMV 6 install: omv-confdbadm: command not found

• Hello,

I'm new to Debian and OMV and I get an error when I try to install OMV6 on a vps (debian11-64) by following this tutorial: OMV6 on Debian 11 (Bullseye).

I tried to do this: RE: omv-confdbadm: command not found but it does'nt works.

Code
    root@v875851951:~# export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin
    root@v875851951:~# omv-confdbadm populate
    -bash: omv-confdbadm: command not found

Can anyone please help me? Thank in advance.

Best Regards

• omv-* is in /usr/sbin

ls /usr/sbin/omv-*

and as KM0201 said, you need to fix openmedaivault.list:

paste all lines in one go, which will replace the whole content of the file.

But to instal, you better use the instal script

Code
    sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

Did you start with a debian netinstal minimal? You have some time-daemon installed, which is not chrony.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• How are you changing to root?

su - (not just su, or sudo su, etc.).

Your sources list is a mess as well

Thank you for your reply. I just received the VPS information from the hosting company, I didn't install anything at all. In the email it had:

Code
    IP:ip
    username: root
    password: password

And yes, sorry for the mess in the list...

Best regards

Thank you very much for the answer, I followed your advice then I executed

Code
    sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

but I still get the same error:

Did you start with a debian netinstal minimal? You have some time-daemon installed, which is not chrony.

I don't have any idea, I will ask to my hosting.

omv-* is in /usr/sbin

ls /usr/sbin/omv-*

Since I had done this command in my first post:

Code
    export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin

Do I have to change again by executing this?

Code
    export PATH=$PATH:ls /usr/sbin/omv-*

Thanks again,

Best regards

• If you rented a preconfigured system, you can try to remove the time-daemon package

sudo apt purge time-daemon before installing omv.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• If you rented a preconfigured system, you can try to remove the time-daemon package

sudo apt purge time-daemon before installing omv.

Thank you very much for your reply and sorry for the delay. I tried to remove time-daemon package with the command sudo apt purge time-daemon but still got an error:

Code
    root@v875851951:~# sudo apt purge time-daemon
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    Virtual packages like 'time-daemon' can't be removed
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 42 not upgraded.

For the moment I contacted my host and they are working on my problem. As soon as I have any news I will let you know.

The hosting answered me this:

Zitat

It's minimal distr without additional software

Thanks again
    Best Regards

• Thank you very much for your reply and again sorry for the late reply! Apparently chrony was already installed.

Code
    root@v875851951:~# apt install chrony
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    chrony is already the newest version (4.0-8+deb11u2).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 37 not upgraded.

I followed the instructions of my host's support by executing the command below but in the end, OMV6 was only partially installed:

It is not very clear what exactly happened, but in the process "apt-get ..." running more than an hour ago. Host Support stopped the running process and reconfigured the packages with the command dpkg --configure -a. Now everything works like it should.

Thanks a lot for your time

Best regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!