filesystems not displayed correctly in the UI

• Hi. Ever since I've upgraded from omv5 to omv6 the UI page for the file systems is not working correctly for me. It always shows it can't find my BTRFS RAID 1 file system (that I have created manually long time ago). Everything works ok underneath (file shares, smb, nfs etc) based on that FS, but its just UI doesn't pick it up properly. Is there a way to fix it? If I try to edit the entry it does black screen with "Software Failure...". Thanks.

• 1. Tried that - no difference

2. Yes, but on the create screen there are no devices selectable.

3. Here it is (the fist mntent entry, if I look into xml file, is actually commented out):

omv-showkey mntent

<mntent>

<uuid>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</uuid>

<fsname>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx|xxxx-xxxx|/dev/xxx</fsname>

<dir>/xxx/yyy/zzz</dir>

<type>none|ext2|ext3|ext4|xfs|jfs|iso9660|udf|...</type>

<opts></opts>

<freq>0</freq>

<passno>0|1|2</passno>

<hidden>0|1</hidden>

</mntent>

<mntent>

<uuid>f1690940-3010-47d4-a661-4ebb1e1acb49</uuid>

<fsname>/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD60EJRX-89MP9Y1_WD-WX31D49NH3H2</fsname>

<dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EJRX-89MP9Y1_WD-WX31D49NH3H2</dir>

<type>btrfs</type>

<opts>defaults,nofail</opts>

<freq>0</freq>

<passno>2</passno>

<hidden>0</hidden>

<comment></comment>

<usagewarnthreshold>85</usagewarnthreshold>

</mntent>

<mntent>

<uuid>46216387-9aaf-4080-9351-da90a13bf66e</uuid>

<fsname>/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EJRX-89MP9Y1_WD-WX31D49NH3H2/media/</fsname>

<dir>/export/media</dir>

<type>none</type>

<opts>bind,nofail</opts>

<freq>0</freq>

<passno>0</passno>

<hidden>0</hidden>

<usagewarnthreshold>0</usagewarnthreshold>

<comment></comment>

</mntent>

• It always shows it can't find my BTRFS RAID 1 file system (that I have created manually long time ago).

Ok, I too have a RAID1 created on OMV5 and am curious about what is going on with your system.

I haven't had time to do the update to OMV6 yet so, don't know if this will happen to me.

As to try to help:

How did you created the RAID1 on OMV5?

What is the output of cat /etc/fstab?

As for comparison (this is still OMV5)

As you can see, it will only show 1 drive since the RAID1 on BTRFS was made on CLI (AFAIK, OMV5 can't do it on GUI).

This means that your OMV is seeing the proper drive on the MNTENT:

• Also just FYI, this is my fstab (your's should look similar)

Code
    pi@xxxxxxxx:~ $ cat /etc/fstab
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    PARTUUID=8f4dbd00-01 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
    LABEL=sd_btrfs / btrfs noatime,nodiratime,defaults,ssd,subvol=@root,compress=zstd 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/wolf1                /srv/dev-disk-by-label-wolf1    btrfs   defaults,nofail 0 0
    /dev/disk/by-label/sd_configs           /srv/dev-disk-by-label-sd_configs       btrfs   defaults,nofail,noatime,ssd     0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]

sudo btrfs filesystem show:

• Yes, I did create raid from CLI on omv5

My fstab:

Out of curiosity I have removed sample commented out mntent section from XML and did a reboot and now see it picked up FS ok:

• Out of curiosity I have removed sample commented out mntent section from XML and did a reboot and now see it picked up FS ok:

That sample belongs there. It's the base sample of all mntents on the config.xml

The fact that you removed it and it is working now seems a real damn luck.

But if it's working, that's all it matters, ;)

• It was just a coincidence. As I said - it happened before, but after a reboot a few days later its back to not finding the FS.

Can you try to reboot and, if the FS isn't shown on the GUI, run mount -a on the CLI to see if shows again?

Maybe the drives take more time to become available (sometimes) and that gives issues with the availability?!?

On a side note, when your FS is missing on the GUI, you say everything is still available (NFS, SMB, file shares) but, is it possible that one of the drives is missing on the RAID?

As if it was "mounted degraded"?

I think you can check this with CLI although I don't know if it still shows even when "degraded")

sudo blkid --match-token TYPE=btrfs

In my case, it shows my 2 drives (sda1 && sdb1):

Code
    pi@xxxxxxx:~ $ blkid --match-token TYPE=btrfs
    /dev/sda1: LABEL="wolf1" UUID="869d4e6e-972d-46e7-afc5-afcdb74b4809" UUID_SUB="41d8a817-71b8-4527-9545-757a7ab6a9a2" TYPE="btrfs" PARTUUID="53e6c1a0-2536-4c8a-a8d5-7ab1cce430b4"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="wolf1" UUID="869d4e6e-972d-46e7-afc5-afcdb74b4809" UUID_SUB="4fdb2d29-ba51-421d-8339-23d8e37401f7" TYPE="btrfs" PARTUUID="3e960555-2c65-405a-8cd0-ffbeedb642b4"
    /
  • Ok, time as come to do the upgrade from OMV5 to OMV6 and hit an error at the begining:

Code
    Err:14 http://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye/updates Release
      404  Not Found [IP: 199.232.182.132 80]
    Hit:6 https://openmediavault.github.io/packages shaitan InRelease
    Reading package lists... Done
    E: The repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye/updates Release' does not have a Release file.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Easy to fix but it's better to report as I go, so will create a new thread to keep this on track.

Will post the link once it's created.

[EDIT]

Here is my testemony on the upgrade from 5 to 6:

RPi4 OMV5 to OMV6 omv-release-upgrade on a BTRFS root filesystem - Updates/Upgrades - openmediavault

[/EDIT]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!