OMV 6, proxmox kernel and zfs

• How would integrate zfs more?

Either the plugin description should point to the right direction, or the plugin itself should perform the install steps.
    I am not a total noob to linux, but this install made me scratch my head for 20 minutes or so.
    But I am not complaining, since even without those the install was pretty straightforward, once I understood the problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Either the plugin description should point to the right direction, or the plugin itself should perform the install steps.

In the future, there will be a button that opens the wiki page for each plugin. But the plugin does as much as it can and it should just work. The plugin (at least for amd64) depends on zfs-dkms and linux-headers-amd64. So, when installing the plugin, it should install those two packages as well. apt knows the headers need to be installed first. This should allow zfs-dkms to compile the kernel module properly. The problem is that people might have old kernels on their system that zfs-dkms fails to compile a module for which makes the package fail to completely install. The plugin cannot fix this. This is the main reason why I tell people to use the proxmox kernel and uninstall the Debian kernels if they use zfs. Until zfs is in the Debian kernel (probably never), this process will always be fragile.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the future, there will be a button that opens the wiki page for each plugin.

That will be nice and useful.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That will be nice and useful.

People still won't read them but at least we can say they are there lol

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

People still won't read them but at least we can say they are there lol

Oh I know that, but there are usually a few who do, and the link will be there to point out to the non-readers.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!